Just Labradors banner

Update on my Abbey girl

1K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  Seamus Lab 
#1 ·
I know I posted a while ago about Abbey and how her non-existent appetite has gotten progressively worse. She's lost about 5 pounds over the past couple of months and it was really getting to me.

I took her to work with me and we did a full workup including bloodwork and urinalysis. Everything checks out fine there, except for a couple of values that were off, which is definitely related to her not eating.

She is still acting her normal goofy self, but she is to the point where she is passing up delicious grain-free organic chicken canned food.. :eek: I am pretty much standing on my head trying to get her to eat on a regular basis, so I am working in conjunction with my veterinarian (also my boss) to figure out a diet that will work for her.

Right now we are considering a homemade or raw diet, but I'm leaning more towards the raw diet. I'm aware of the risks, but my vet and I both think that it could be the right way to go with Abbey.

I'm nervous about switching to raw, but if it's what I need to do for Abbey, I will do it. So fingers crossed when I get everything worked out she will be eating regularly. :)

See less See more
#3 ·
Abbey, dear, you NEED to eat, you're worrying your mama sick and not doing yourself any good!

That said....all fingers and all paws crossed here too!

#11 ·
Oh Abbey girl, if only some of your lack of appetite could be transferred to my boys, and you could get some of their "Mommmm, we're hungry! We haven't eaten in four hours, we're starving to death! Feed us!" attitude.

Best of luck, Justine, you and Abbey have my prayers and good thoughts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.