The end of a toy era, and now I'm desperate.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The end of a toy era, and now I'm desperate.

Luvmydog2much is offline Senior Member

UnhappyThe end of a toy era, and now I'm desperate.

Rhys came home in 2001. By 2002, he had an obsession with the Old Navy frisbee.

Its soft, pliable, lightweight. Its perfect. And for whatever reason, destroying an Old Navy is taboo amongst my clan. I love them. They love them.

In 2006, Old Navy, despite my cries stopped making the frisbees. A google search will find you another million people who were as upset as I.

In 2008, they were back and I bought up as many as I could. But so did the others.

I bought a box of them online, and several in the store.

Rhys doesn't so much catch them and play with them anymore, but they are his pacifiers. And pacifiers go missing, they get run over by the lawn mower. They go in skanky pond water...and never come out.

When Nola came home, we were down to two.

Nola loves that frisbee. So lightweight, don't have to worry about teeth. They can tuggy it, and it never breaks.

On Saturday, after taking a long walk, I noticed Rhys wasn't carrying his frisbee. I re-traced our steps, thrice. I cannot find it anywhere.

And now there's one.

Nola tried to swipe it from Rhys yesterday...and I shuddered.

I wonder what will happen if he doesn't have an old navy frisbee. I'm kind of sad, and my heart feels heavy just thinking about it.

Here's a few photos of Rhys and that damned frisbee throughout the years.

with puppy Ruby

Nola and Gin, with the precious
    Last edited by Luvmydog2much; 11-07-2011 at 11:23 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

And one I took for an email to the Old Navy customer service

Please, please, please, if you happen to be in an Old Navy and see one, pick it up for me, and I will pay you *well*, for the darned things. Thats the only way to get them now...old ones in stores that haven't been bought up. So now when travelling, we hit as many stores as we can, but that has not yet been successful!
    'Don't grow up too quickly, lest you forget how much you love the beach.'
    ~ Michelle Held

Rhys, Ruby and Nola

Di
    Di is offline Senior Member

I loved them also and had bought several, between Sammi and the Granddoggies ours are all gone You can't find them anywhere, it sucks!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Di View Post
    I loved them also and had bought several, between Sammi and the Granddoggies ours are all gone You can't find them anywhere, it sucks!
    I wonder if everyone who loved them dropped them an email, if they'd bring them back...

Again...
    Last edited by Luvmydog2much; 11-07-2011 at 12:02 PM.

Mary Jane is offline Senior Member

I just called the ON store an hour away from me and they said they only get them in the spring and that they had no more left this year. Two of the three stores I just called are fully expecting to get more in next spring. I asked them when spring items arrived and she said as early as January.
    I will pm you the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jane View Post
    I just called the ON store an hour away from me and they said they only get them in the spring and that they had no more left this year. Two of the three stores I just called are fully expecting to get more in next spring. I asked them when spring items arrived and she said as early as January.
    I will pm you the info.
    Very odd, they haven't been sold in stores in 2.5 years...the discontinued the entire dog supply line.

Di

MJ I'd be surprised if they are the same pliable/rubbery one's they used to carry. They had frisbee's last year but they weren't the same one's. Heck most the cashiers that work in our ON don't even remember them or have no idea what I'm talking about when I ask.

Di

Quote Originally Posted by Luvmydog2much View Post
    I wonder if everyone who loved them dropped them an email, if they'd bring them back...

Again...
    It's worth a try, I'll send one off today.

Mary Jane is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Luvmydog2much View Post
    Very odd, they haven't been sold in stores in 2.5 years...the discontinued the entire dog supply line.
    HAH!!!! That's the beauty of living in Iowa (in the midwest)....we are 3-4 years behind here. I hope I have not given you false hope, but honestly those two stores put me on hold while they went to check if they had any left on the shelves. I will (hopefully) be in AZ from January till April, but please don't hesitate to remind me via PM if you need any help.

joflake is offline Senior Member

I think I have one at home. If I do, I'll let you know, you can pm me your address and I'll send it to you. My dogs don't play with them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast