Parish council are discussing banning dogs from the playing field again tonight.

Thread: Parish council are discussing banning dogs from the playing field again tonight.

Samson is offline Senior Member

DefaultParish council are discussing banning dogs from the playing field again tonight.

I've emailed the Parish clerk again but it's going to happen eventually.

There aren't many options for the pups if they ban them - a few enclosed footpaths where I can let them off lead but they aren't very long and I can't take them into the valley in the dark - too many obstructions and too little time in the mornings.

Does anybody exercise their dog solely on a lead now we have the dark nights and mornings ? It just doesn't seem that they would get enough exercise.

Weekends are fine - it's just the weekdays when I am at work.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

kassabella is offline Senior Member

Yes. In winter.

I guess though Erns is a little different with his hips, but he can't be off lead as he runs away and it is too muich for his hips, so always on lead. Summer he swims.
    This is why I keep their brains busy.

If the parks here are wet Tessa can go a week or more without a good run at the park. She is easy going.

Gems I would have to give a good run somewhere once a week or she would start chasing her imaginery sheep all day.

Kassa 25/11/01 - 09/02/05 O.S Jaw cancer forever in my heart.
    Ernie 25/11/01 adopted May 05
    Sam 11? adopted Nov 06 - 18/12/07 Lyphoma
    Tessa. Rescued June 2011.
    Bone Cancer Dogs org.http://www.bonecancerdogs.org/
    http://kassabella.tripod.com/kassabella/
    http://collarsbychris.weebly.com/

Tanwen is offline Senior Member
    I moved to Banbury in Oxfordshire in 1993,prior to that I llived in Birkenhead,Cheshire

A quick search of the Kennel Club's website threw this one up KC Urges Dog Owners to Fight Back Against Further Beach Bans in Lyme Regis - The Kennel Club I have to go out now, but I think their website will give you some help in how you can fight the ban.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Tanwen View Post
    A quick search of the Kennel Club's website threw this one up KC Urges Dog Owners to Fight Back Against Further Beach Bans in Lyme Regis - The Kennel Club I have to go out now, but I think their website will give you some help in how you can fight the ban.
    Thanks ! I've already been on the KC site and also the Environment site ! The Environment site ( Section 6 ) says "consultation to be undertaken before a dog control order is made;

I'll make sure that we get that as a minimum.

brody is offline Senior Member

do you have a yard?
    if not do you have a set of stairs?

my dogs are rarely off leash in public spaces ( I don't trust other dogs)they get regular leash walks daily and heavy play sessions ... in our (small) yard and in a hallway or up and downstairs
    http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller

GulfCoast is offline Senior Member

Find a nice big lit parking lot with little traffic, put on the leash, and start doing laps! I have done pile work, handling drills, walking baseball, you name it in lit low traffic parking lots for years after DST switches off. Use the BACK SIDE, and not the the "entrance side" of the parking lot. I also use the local soccer fields at night, and the folks are so used to me that no one says a word. But you MUST air the dog WELL before using a ball field, and have a baggie at hand for emergencies."
    HRCH Ellie Mae MH CGC
    Tipsy Puppy
    Justlabradors.com -- the best site for your Labrador needs.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee311/EllieMaeDogg/2108207141_f7321f204b.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by GulfCoast View Post
    Find a nice big lit parking lot with little traffic, put on the leash, and start doing laps! I have done pile work, handling drills, walking baseball, you name it in lit low traffic parking lots for years after DST switches off. Use the BACK SIDE, and not the the "entrance side" of the parking lot. I also use the local soccer fields at night, and the folks are so used to me that no one says a word. But you MUST air the dog WELL before using a ball field, and have a baggie at hand for emergencies."
    It.s the local soccer field that they are trying to ban dogs ! Most of the people that I know are anal ( pun intended ) picking up after their dogs anyway ( Including me )

No parking lots big enough either but a good thought ! Thanks.

BoatDog is offline Senior Member

Good luck Col! We used to have just a small patch of land at the condo, and no dog park there so walks on leash were the only way to go - and hall ball does work!