A Letter from a Shelter Manager in North Carolina - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Letter from a Shelter Manager in North Carolina

Campfire_Dog is offline Senior Member

I am revisiting this thread because I believe it should be required reading for all new owners. It should be on the first page so that these new owners can see the serious consequences of not taking their responsibilities to their loving pets as serious as it should be taken. Do the best for your babies. and get it right. They only get one chance to be a pup. There are no bad puppies just owners that are not dedicated enough. That said, Good Luck. If you need help with a problem ask the questions. Someone on the forum will have had the problem.
    Judy and Jack

"If you are not living on the edge you are taking up too much room."

"Jack catching a few rays."

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

HeySquirt is offline Senior Member

Thanks for bumping it... sometimes I never get a chance to look at weekend posts.

I have "friends" that got a "snickerdoole" (I don't really know which one it was but it was little) their daughter really wanted a dog... not even two weeks after bringing it home they decided to get rid of it... "They didn't have time for it" She is a STAY AT HOME MOM! The pup ended up going to her Grandma and probably has a great life now... One of the lucky ones.

I know them, they are in a club I belong to and we have a internet forum like this that we all go to for the club and he had posted all of it on there and when I found out that they weren't going to keep her... I went off... I don't recall everything I said i just remember ending with "I hope you realize that by throwing this puppy away you have forever put yourself on the I must never own a dog in my life again list, you've taught your daughter that it's ok to just toss lives aside"

I think it's kind of ironic that they went through so much to adopt their daughter...
    Amy

HarveysMum is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Campfire_Dog View Post
    I am revisiting this thread because I believe it should be required reading for all new owners. It should be on the first page so that these new owners can see the serious consequences of not taking their responsibilities to their loving pets as serious as it should be taken. Do the best for your babies. and get it right. They only get one chance to be a pup. There are no bad puppies just owners that are not dedicated enough. That said, Good Luck. If you need help with a problem ask the questions. Someone on the forum will have had the problem.
    Judy and Jack
    +1000!

Thansk for this post Garth, even though it made me cry. I have a good mind to print it off and post it through every letter box in my village (i know of at least 5 BYBs in our village alone).

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Labmom2Sun is offline Senior Member

Glad I read it, even though I'll probably be scarred from it. I wish there was a way to make that post mandatory reading for anyone buying a dog from a pet store or BYB.

Laura, mom of Sundance, CGC
    born 1/16/06

morla is offline Senior Member

I feel so sad to read that! We bought our dog from a purebred breeder. I love Simon with all my heart and i am very thankful we got him. I promise myself, that when i grow up, i am going to adopt dogs from a shelter. They will be happy and full of life for as long as they live.
    SIMON

dweck is offline Senior Member

We humans are 100% undeserving of the constant love our animals give us.

Kelrobin Cleveland Street Denizen, CGC, RN [Parker]

"Dear George: Remember, no man is a failure who has friends. Thanks for the wings. Love, Clarence" -- IAWL Screenplay (1946)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12