Weird, weird, weird!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weird, weird, weird!!!

Sophiesmama is offline Senior Member

DefaultWeird, weird, weird!!!

I am wondering if any of you have experienced anything like this: Last night, late about 1:00am, Sophie had gone into bed with my husband. A few minutes before, I was putting on clean sheets and making the bed and she was "helping" mama. My husband yelled at me about 10 min later that Sophie was acting weird. He said she kept running from one side of the bed to the other and was trying to get under the bed, where she can't fit anymore. I brought her out in the living room with me, and she would run furtively from behind one chair to the next. She would hide her head and not look at us when we called her. She would run to the door and act like she wanted out. We leashed her and took her out. Outside she was perfectly normal and happy. When it came to coming back in the house it was a different story! She fought us! She has never done that. It took two of us to get her back inside. She promptly hid behind the chair. We were able to coax her out with a treat, she ate the treats fine. Then, she'd go hide again! Didn't seem sick or anything. She would give us the weirdest looks, and my son said when he was down on his knees talking to her she would look above him, not directly at him. He said it was almost like she could see something we couldn't see. She would also slick her ears back like she was hearing something we couldn't hear. We sat up with her for an hour or so thinking her weird behavior would pass, but it didn't. Finally, I told her "c'mon Sophie Mama's going to bed". She usually comes right with me. This time she is hid under the end table. I finally got a piece of lunch meat amd coaxed her a few feet at a time to our bedroom. She finally settled down and went to sleep in the floor, which she always sleeps with us, not on the floor. At around 5am she jumped up on the bed and slept there till she needed to go out and 7. She came back in and jumped back in bed with me. I had prayed and prayed for my little girl to be back to normal when she woke up today, and she is! She is back to her normal self! It was the weirdest thing I have ever seen. My description is lacking here, in just how weird her behavior was. Have any of you got any idea at all what this might have been about? Nothing happened to scare her prior to all this, she had been in bed with my husband right before she started trying to get under the bed. I am sure thankful she is back to normal today!!
    ~Pam

Sophie DOB 04/13/2011 6 mo

8.5 mo.

Sophie 15 months, with Skye

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Samson is offline Senior Member

Ever watched men in black ? That's all I've got :-)

rottnlab dad is offline Senior Member

How bizarre!

Bella

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

georgie is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Samson View Post
    Ever watched men in black ? That's all I've got :-)
    I was thinking along the same lines.

LOL! My son said she may be seeing ghosts! Haha! I really don't know what to think, it was so bizare!
    ~Pam

8.5 mo.

Emma the Lab is offline Senior Member

How strange! I'm glad she's back to her normal self again.
    ~Veronica and Nikki~
    Sweet Emma, 16th of February 1996~26th of November 2010
    Always in my heart and soul. Together forever, my love....

Nikki 6 months

http://theblacklabrador.blogspot.com/

BoatDog is offline Senior Member

I second the MIB/ghosts theory - they hear and know things we don't. Glad she's back to normal - sounds like a very scary episode for you all!

"When there's something strange in your neighborhood... who ya gonna call?"
    ~Pam

8.5 mo.

Belles mom is offline Senior Member

Dog and ghost story...

My neighbor had a Newfy/Chow name Barry. (Same neighbor now has a similar cross I call "Cujo" that I haveosted about previously)

Barry and Belle were best friends. Barry would even come up to my house by himself and "knock" on the door for Belle to come out and play. Barry died about 6 years ago. Shortly after his death, I took Belle down there to visit my neighbor (Belle loved her). While there, Belle would look up at the ceiling and circle around that spot. (Neigbor's cat would do the same thing). At some point, Belle was just laying there, being petted by the Neighbor. Neighbor had Barry's favorite toy (a screaming monkey, which never worked well), sitting on top of a six foot tall bookcase/tv stand.

We were all sitting there watching tv. That monkey FLEW off the top of the bookcase, right toward where we were all sitting! It screamed like it had never had before!! Neighbor and I looked at each other....looked back at the screaming monkey.... Belle would not go toward it, despite it (a similar one) being her favorite toy in this whole world!

While I typically do not believe in ghosts, that kinda mystified me.

Karen and the gang
    BBI Kodi's Journey To Anotch (Journey)
    BBI Kodi's Blackpowder Striker (Flint)

Whoa! That made the hair on my arms stand up! I am glad Sophie is normal today, it was really freaky. The weirdest part was how har she fought not to come back in the house! It took me and my son to get her in, and usually she will lead us in... There are more things in Heaven and Earth than we are able to understand.
    ~Pam

8.5 mo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast