Was doing a little research for a paper I am writing and came across this site. Looks kind of serious and could be harmful to dog owners, so I thought I would pass it along. In short, there are things on the streets and sidewalks that could cause electric shocks and electrocutions to people and dogs, and they aren't exposed wires or anything but normal objects like fire hydrants and streetlight poles. So be careful next time Sparky lifts his leg on anything but a tree!
CVIC | CONTACT VOLTAGE INFORMATION CENTER
June & Lexy
Thanks for this info.
Good to know.
There is some sort of electrical thing Erns insists on watering everytime we go on a walks. I often thought one day Mr Erns you will light up like a christmas tree and stopped taking him down that street. Now they are everywhere and would run just as we got to it so he didn't stop. I called the council to check. Our regulations say they must be so many feet under the ground and the box is just a marker for the under ground stuff.
It's a good thing you looked into it in your town. I would never have thought to do that, so it makes me wonder how many people or dogs actually get shocked every day without realizing what's happening. That site has some news videos of deaths that have happened from it. I'm super careful now when roaming around my neighborhood, with or without Lexy. It's nuts!
Thanks for sharing that! It was very usefull!
Your welcome! I've been on Facebook and Twitter following their news and progress as well.