Cockers and Misha... I just donīt get it
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cockers and Misha... I just donīt get it

blackandyellow is offline Senior Member

DefaultCockers and Misha... I just donīt get it

I had a cocker that lived to the old age of 17 and was a great family member that really made me love dogs. But after she passed away I didnīt want to get another one. they are unstable and freakingly nervous dogs that "loose it" and attack.

Today itīs the third time that Misha has been attacked by a cocker. Thereīs this lady that walks her dog in the park at the same time I do, she never leashes the dog, the cocker always approaches us running then goes around my dogs and stops behind. At this point my dogs are all excited about the running cocker and I always have to correct them so we can move on... this happens almost everyday.

This morning I was just getting out of my house, you know how excited labs get when you just walk out the door for their walk. Here comes the cocker running towards us. I couldnīt hold them because there are two steps, I almost fell down. When Misha and Homer reach to say hi to the cocker, it freaks out and attacks Misha. Jesus how stubborn can people be? then she starts the usual "oh sheīs never done that... "

I told her cockers are ALL like that, one moment they are friendly, the next one become godzillas, and that its the last time Iīll tolerate her dog freaking out and teasing us... next time Iīll kick the cocker...

I donīt know why, its always cockers attacking Misha... third time a cocker attacks her. Crazy dogs... I hate people that canīt control their animals.

Nothing happened to her fortunately, but it does annoy me that I canīt even get out of my house without an incident.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

nellies mom is offline Senior Member

If you know where the woman lives I would call animal control and complain.
    ~~~~~~~~
    Danie
    Nellie, CGC
    Bailey
    Gunner
    Munchie
    ~~~~~~~~
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated. -- Gandhi

javasmom is offline Senior Member

Java has been attacked on 3 separate occassions by Boxers. 3 different Boxers in 3 different places. No idea why.
    By the time she was attacked by the third one (6 weeks post op knee surgery #2) I had had enough and I did haul off and kick it in the side with my boots. His owner was pissed...but too damn bad. This dog had my post op dog (ON LEASH-across the street no less)on the ground by her throat. I nailed him, he yelped...and THEN his owner came running.

Moka is always attacked by little dogs....mostly little white ones.
    She had her nose torn open by a little white dog that was running around off leash. I yelled at the people-told them if they can't control their dog and it's dog aggressive it needs to be leashed. She looked at me, completely serious, and said "Oh, I have his leash right here." Alot of good the leash is doing in your hand on not on the dog lady.
    As my dog (my ON LEASH dog) stands there bleeding.

Lately I find myself tensing up more and more when we meet other dogs at the park (NOT a dog park) on our walks.
    Most people these days seem to have no control over their dogs.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

tammyhuffman is offline Senior Member

I would definitely defend my dog in this type of a situation. I love all animals but when a neighbors black cat ran across the street and attacked Maxx at 9 weeks old, the 2nd day we had him home, that cat went flying. It still stalks us from across the street but Maxx is much bigger than the cat now. I don't want anything to happen to the cat but I will protect my dogs.

Isnīt it annoying? I donīt understand why people are so hard headed to not control their pets... I never let mine off leash because even though they are extremely friendly Iīm sure people would get annoyed by them coming to say hi and give doggie kisses or jumping... and with other dogs you never know, even the friendliest dog can get into trouble.

Chi&LabLover is offline Senior Member

It irritates me when people don't control their dogs as well. We live in a predominately older neighborhood (most of the couples are 70+), I am only 24 and my husband is 26. The people who live around here constantly have their dogs out without leashes, and these dogs are constantly running in other people's yards. There is a yorkie right down the street who has been in my yard four times this week...and the owner will SLOWLY make his way down the street to his dog. She almost got hit last week by a car, I had to grab her and pull her into my yard to keep her from getting hit. While her getting hit would have taught the owner a lesson, I couldn't allow the pup to suffer due to her owners stupidity. My male chihuahua, I wouldn't consider him dog aggressive, as he's not once he gets to know the dogs, however I would say since he injured his back he IS definitely territorial until he gets to know the other animals and even people. He has NEVER bit a dog or a person (except for when provoked, and by that I mean we had a "friend" living with us for awhile, she kicked my chi because she didn't want him near her, he attacked her leg...served her right). I still keep him leashed when I know other animals/people will be around, even in our home when company comes over he is leashed until I know he's warmed up to them and seems comfortable. Anyhow, not long after we moved in (I had JUST had our second son, it was probably a week after having him) I was outside with MY dogs in MY yard, they were going to the bathroom and I had the garage door open as I was taking trash out. A yellow lab (very beautiful very friendly, and obviously I love labs) came into our yard and into my garage, no invitation, no owner in sight, just walked right in...the owner was SLOWLY walking up the street...didn't call the lab or anything, I'm trying to grab my chihuahua, I didn't have him on a leash as I don't leash them when I take them outside to potty because they go right outside the door and come right back in, plus we have a "semi-fenced" yard and, there shouldn't have been any other animals in my yard. Anyhow, my chihuahua started freaking out, rightfully so, because this dog was standing in my garage and wouldn't get out. Then the owner has the nerve to yell at me because my dog snapped at her dog...um, hello, you're dog is standing in MY garage, which is essentially MY chihuahua's garage. He is protective of his family and his territory and here is this strange dog standing right under my feet in my garage...what did she think was going to happen? How about, not only should your dog have been leashed since you were walking it, but you should have been right behind him/her and he/she definitely shouldn't have been STANDING in my garage? You may have a case in flipping out if your dog wasn't on my property. I am sick of people being irresponsible. I leash my dogs when I take them on walks around the neighborhood as I know there are tons of strange dogs all over the place...I completely understand your dog being off leash in areas that permit that, however a neighborhood where tons of dogs are running around, right near a busy road, is not the place for your dog to be offleash, and especially if you have NO CONTROL over the animal as this lady obviously did not.

Sorry for the long rant, that just really touches a nerve of mine.

greg is offline Senior Member

I had the same problem with a neighbors boxer,everytime he'd see Jack he'd charge in to him.After trying to talk to the neighbor I ended up calling animal control.

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

Keep Misha safe...whatever it takes.

This morning the lady and the cocker were again in the park. After the incident the dumb cocker seemed to "learn" her lesson and today she ignored us and walk the other way. At least she left us alone. Of course the owner was walking on another part of the park totally irresponsibly. These dogs are the ones that poop all over the place and the owners never pickup after them, so annoying.

On the good news side, Mishaīs paw healed very fast and sheīs perfect after the "escape" from a week ago.

georgie is offline Senior Member

That would annoy me too. We always have our dogs on leash when we are out of our yard. (which is fenced) I am surprised by the number of people who just let their dogs run loose. When we got to the beach, our girls are only off leash when no one is around. But then we see dogs running down the beach...no human in site. WTF is that? And one more thing, my two are friendly. I love when people want their dog to "meet" ours...meanwhile their dog is growling & their upper lip is pulled back. Yeah...they are friendly, right.

I am glad Misha is okay & her paw is healed. Keep her safe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast