Remington not happy as the "middle child".

Thread: Remington not happy as the "middle child".

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultRemington not happy as the "middle child".

With the death of my girl, Magnum, in April... and the addition of "Ferrari" in September, Remington has gone from being my baby to the "middle child". He's feeling quite lost. We've had some attitude problems, sulky, feeling put out, even aggression with Ruger a time or two (not horrible, just not quite my Remington). Anyway, it's been an adjustment and I do give him lots of extra loving and alone time with me. Still, those of you who have gone through this... do you have any suggestions to make Remington feel better. He adores his new little brother, as you can see in the photo below, LOL. Just want him to know he's still a very valued member of my pack.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

georgie is offline Senior Member

I saw that with Abby. We had Molly and when she was three we got Abby. Things we fine & ech one knew their place. Then we added kate. We they dynazmics changed. Now Abby was the middle child. No longer the baby. You are right...she did seem to sulk for awhile. but She was Dave's hunting buddy & she was the one who went to Canada, she went hunting with him alot. Things settled in.

Now, since we lost Molly in May, the dynamics have changed again. This time I noticed Abby got a bit more "clingy." I think the one on one alone time helps.

morla is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by 3TailsWaggin View Post
    With the death of my girl, Magnum, in April... and the addition of "Ferrari" in September, Remington has gone from being my baby to the "middle child". He's feeling quite lost. We've had some attitude problems, sulky, feeling put out, even aggression with Ruger a time or two (not horrible, just not quite my Remington). Anyway, it's been an adjustment and I do give him lots of extra loving and alone time with me. Still, those of you who have gone through this... do you have any suggestions to make Remington feel better. He adores his new little brother, as you can see in the photo below, LOL. Just want him to know he's still a very valued member of my pack.

I like you siggy!
    SIMON