HELP!!!!!!!

Thread: HELP!!!!!!!

boomer is offline Member

DefaultHELP!!!!!!!

HI I do not post here alot so please forgive me of any spelling errors. Here is may question I have a
    7 and a half month old lab puppy. My question is he is 93.2 lbs at this age and he is far from fat he is
    very lean nice figure. We run him at a dog park and is feed 1 and 3/4 cups food morning and supper.
    I was feeding 2 cups morning and supper. I wish I could post pics here but I don't know how.My question
    is his weight to high he does have very good blood lines. field trial liines Ebonstar Lean Mac and
    Candlewoods Gotta Be Good. full sster lottie Candllewos Tanks A Lot. So I do not know if that also effects his weight. A help would be a great help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

dweck is offline Senior Member

It's tough to diagnose overweight-ness in a Lab w/out seeing him. Does he have a 'tuck'? In other words, when you look at him from the side, does his belly swoop upward toward his groin? Does he have hips? In other words, when you stand over him with his head pointed forward and his tail facing your knees, is there a small indent on both his sides... kinda like this ) (
    where his hips are?

If so, he's probably not overweight, but I've got to tell you that Parker is almost 7 months old and was shy of 60lbs. And my Wesley was 95 lbs but he was a full-grown adult.

My BEST advice? Ask your vet.

Kelrobin Cleveland Street Denizen, CGC, RN [Parker]

"Dear George: Remember, no man is a failure who has friends. Thanks for the wings. Love, Clarence" -- IAWL Screenplay (1946)

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

What does your vet say?

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

nellies mom is offline Senior Member

My Nellie weighed 88 pounds when I got her at 8 months. She now stays at about 100 lbs give or take a few. She is very lean.
    ~~~~~~~~
    Danie
    Nellie, CGC
    Bailey
    Gunner
    Munchie
    ~~~~~~~~
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated. -- Gandhi

Tanya is offline Senior Member

i agree, very hard to help say if a dog if fat or skinny online (even with photos) - you really need to be there with the dog and feel them.

Your vet should be in the best position to guide you.

the rule of thumb is generally that you should easily feel the ribs (but with labs, you should not generally SEE them)
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

boomer is offline Member

Thats my problem he looks great. great tummy tuck great hips my breeder suggest have fed puppy food puppy til he is 1 year old I trust my breeder more. the dog looks great. My brothers dog is a step brother to my dog and he is 100 lbs.
    Thank You for all your help

Dio's mama is offline Senior Member

He could just be a big dog. Dio is almost 2 1/2 and he weighs 113. He has a very nice tuck, you can see some ribs... he's just a big puppy! You can see in his photo that he is by no means "fat".
    Gabrielle
    Dio (Best Bud since July 18th, 2009)
    Kaity (Sweetheart since April 29th, 2012)

boomer is offline Member

Awesome PIC that looks just like Buddy just younger He is VERY AWESOME LOOKING!!!!!!!!!!!

kassabella is offline Senior Member

How tall he is makes a difference as well. Ernie is average height and about 65lbs. He is just right for him.

Danie I would not have never have thought Nellie was that weight. I think Erns is about the same height, so very decieving guessing weight.

Kassa 25/11/01 - 09/02/05 O.S Jaw cancer forever in my heart.
    Ernie 25/11/01 adopted May 05
    Sam 11? adopted Nov 06 - 18/12/07 Lyphoma
    Tessa. Rescued June 2011.
    Bone Cancer Dogs org.http://www.bonecancerdogs.org/
    http://kassabella.tripod.com/kassabella/
    http://collarsbychris.weebly.com/

morla is offline Senior Member

Looks like you got yourself a fat little boy! LOL!
    SIMON