Need Doggie Day Care, Suffolk County NY

Thread: Need Doggie Day Care, Suffolk County NY

GizmosMommy is offline Junior Member

QuestionNeed Doggie Day Care, Suffolk County NY

I know a similar thread has been posted but... I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to a good doggie day care (whether it be a sitter at someones house or a facility like "Hounds Town" or Pet Smart)? I think Gizmo would benefit from it a great deal while we are at work but I haven't been able to find much as far as day cares are concerned in the Suffolk County, Long Island area. Any ideas? It's hard to find anything, let alone trustworthy/reasonable priced places. Hmm.. thanks in advance!
    <3 Gizmo

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

morla is offline Senior Member

I would prefer just a good kennle where they walk the dogs and give them excercise regularly.
    SIMON

deidra is offline Senior Member

here si the petsmart map and it popped up some stores from around there PetSmart Store Locations for Pet Supplies and Pet Accessories | PetSmart
    ~It doesn't matter how smart the dog is,it matters how smart the owner is.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

nellies mom is offline Senior Member

If you are near Hampton Bays go to Hampton Bays Pet Supply on Montauk Highway. The owner is wonderful and can probably recommend someone or some place. It is in the shopping center with Wild by Nature supermarket.
    ~~~~~~~~
    Danie
    Nellie, CGC
    Bailey
    Gunner
    Munchie
    ~~~~~~~~
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated. -- Gandhi

GizmosMommy is offline Junior Member

Thanks for the input everyone! Pet Smart would be my ideal choice, however only their stores with Pet Hotels have day care. The store closest to me is about 15 minutes in the opposite direction of my job. Well, 15 minutes without the lovely morning Long Island rush hour traffic. They open at 7 so I would never make it to work on time. Tonight I went to a place in Babylon called k9 Clubhouse and it was a no go. The playroom was so small, I don't know how they would fit more than one dog in there! Plus there was no outdoor area, as it is located on a very main road so I don't know where he would go to the bathroom. Did not feel comfortable at all. So, tomorrow I will be calling Hounds Town which looks fun and friendly and see what they say.

Gizmo has serious separation anxiety when I am not home and he channels it into destructive behavior (as you would expect). He is almost 2 years old and he was crated up until about a month ago. Leaving him in the crate left him overly energized when I got home and walks, exercise and play would not calm him down. Leaving him out (in one area of the house, not the whole house) led to chewing of furniture but he was much calmer upon our return. I want to try and help his anxiety by giving him somewhere fun to go during the day. He LOVES people and LOVES other dogs, so I think doggie day care (where he can have free play for most of the day and not be in a kennel type place) may help until he gets a little older.
    <3 Gizmo