Less Than a Week to go

Thread: Less Than a Week to go

Cappy_TX is offline Senior Member

DefaultLess Than a Week to go

Our duck season opens next Saturday, November 5th. Despite the fact that there is a record number of ducks in the fall migration this year, TX has it's worst drought in over 50 years. Most smaller ponds are dry, the majority of large lakes no longer have boat access and the drought has killed off a significant amount of the plants and other feed that ducks need. Not a good forecast for us overall.

Rusty was "helping" me yesterday morning as I was doing some final chores around a few of our blinds. Here he's peaking out the entry door of a blind on the training pond. The water out in front is more than 4 feet below normal levels. That circular levee is usually under at least 18" of water during the season.

But not to worry ... I have an unlimited supply of training dummies and he has an unlimited amount of desire and stamina to fetch them, especially now that the temps are below 50 in the mornings.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

NM Lab Lover is offline Senior Member

Wonderful pictures Jim. It really has been a tough year with the drought and fires. Wishing you all a great hunting season. Keep those pictures flowing! Hugs to Cappy too. How is he doing?
    Love JL. Justlabradors.com!!!