Im still shaking, I could have lost them forever
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Im still shaking, I could have lost them forever

blackandyellow is offline Senior Member

DefaultIm still shaking, I could have lost them forever

Something horrible happened today. On monday Im killing someone, thats for sure...

Misha and Homer stay in the garage (its not the typical American House garage, this is a fully enclosed patio with large sliding doors) with access to a room downstairs, when Im not home.

I have a person that comes every other day to wash my cars and the garage floor... Well, today the ##%$##% forgot to secure the garage door with the latch after closing it.

I left the dogs like everyday, and came to work. This day the cleaning lady comes, and she called me about 4 hours ago to tell me that the garage door was open and the dogs were out (she saw them when she got home, but then went upstairs to do her chores, to find the door open a couple hours later). I drove home as fast as I could, I asked her to go search for them in the park in front of the house (I live in a closed neighborhood).

By the time I got home she already found them romping in the park. All the way while I was driving I had the most horrible thoughts of them getting stolen (Im in Mexico City), gotten hit by a car, getting into all sorts of trouble.

Misha is hurt, I dont know what happened. Her paw pad is broke and shes limping, yet aside from that she doesnt seem in pain. they were totally exhausted and panting a lot, and had a tennis ball in her mouth. Apparently they made a "friend" that decided to play extreme fetch on the rough pavement, or she did get a bump from a car. Homer is also limping like when he runs a lot (he has ED), so Im sure someone was throwing that ball, otherwise they would have just smelled every single tree in the park like they usually do.

Vet checked her and aside from the paw pad, seems fine, told me to check bowels for any trace of blood in case she did was hit by a car.

Im never EVER trusting any single person with the garage door. It could have gotten terrible, I though I was loosing them forever. Im lucky I live in a closed neighborhood with low traffic. My stomach still hurts.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Jan
    Jan is offline Senior Member

How scary! Glad you have them back.

Dio's mama is offline Senior Member

I am soooo happy that this story has a happy ending. How scary!
    Gabrielle
    Dio (Best Bud since July 18th, 2009)
    Kaity (Sweetheart since April 29th, 2012)

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

HarveysMum is offline Senior Member

crap!! That is scary! I hope you all get some rest over the weekend.

dek
    dek is offline Senior Member

Oh that's terrible! Glad they're both home with you and safe. Thank goodness you live where you do.

deidra is offline Senior Member

Glad you got them back! i remember when tank went missing i was going insane trying to find him! I was severley sun burnt,it was raining and i was walking around trying to find him. he has a hip problem so that made me even more phsycatic. hope everyhitng checks out with your 2 and they heal quickly.
    ~It doesn't matter how smart the dog is,it matters how smart the owner is.

georgie is offline Senior Member

That had to be so scary. I am so glad they are okay. Thank goodness your cleaning lady called you. She sounds like a wonderful person. I have a big fenced in yard. I never leave my two out when I am not home to watch them because we have meter readers who come in the yard to read our water meter & they have left a gate open. I know my two would leave in a heartbeat if they saw it open. People just don't think. So I keep the inside when we are not home.

blackandyellow is offline Senior Member

Thanks, Im seriously still nervous.

IF taken the necessary care the place is totally proof (you know this country, you must have high fences to keep burglars off). It was a terrible lack of care on the car wash man and on my part for not checking twice.

This dogs are so friendly that anyone would take them in a second. They just trust everybody and everybody is their friend. Guess Ill never know what happened to Mishas paw, poor girl. Hope she wasnt hit by a car.

georgie is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by blackandyellow View Post
    Thanks, Im seriously still nervous.

This dogs are so friendly that anyone would take them in a second. They just trust everybody and everybody is their friend. Guess Ill never know what happened to Mishas paw, poor girl. Hope she wasnt hit by a car.

Please let us know how Misha is doing. Hopefully she just cut her paw pad on the rough pavement.

Sophiesmama is offline Senior Member

I would have been having 16 heart attack while driving home!! I'll bet you were scared to death! I think maybe the garage floor washer needs to come when you are home. I am glad you babies are ok and that you got them back. It could have been bad...
    ~Pam

Sophie DOB 04/13/2011 6 mo

8.5 mo.

Sophie 15 months, with Skye

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast