Just Labradors banner

He's home!

2K views 26 replies 25 participants last post by  NM Lab Lover 
#1 ·
Thank you everyone for the thoughts and the concern. I went and picked up the boy this afternoon, and he's currently laying at the bottom of the couch being thoroughly checked over by the cat. Of all the dogs we've loved and lost, Helo has been the only one Miss Cleo has missed.

Vet didn't charge me for all the over nights, which was what I would have protested. She said the problem stemmed from Helo and 2 other pups having an all night long party when they were alone on Monday night through the night. Then on Tuesday, to make matters worse, he managed to reach his balls to lick them and really make them worse.

So thanks again- I reapply should have asked for the thoughts and prayers on the day of to have warded this off in the first place.

#11 ·
Yes, they are crated alone, but have a direct line of sight to one another. She said that they could hear the 3 of them barking when they arrived in the a.m. and they were all standing and jumping as opposed to resting quietly. They really should have over night staff there IMO. Helo would have at least been quieter at home- which is funny, he's the only one of my pets I've ever allowed to stay over night- I usually go get them the same day.

Guess there's substance to that.

#26 ·
To whomever suggested icing what's left of his balls - thank you. He let me put a ziploc baggy of ice wrapped in a towel under his leg while he was laying down, resting against his swollen bits, and they look better at this point. Will rinse and repeat tomorrow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.