Itchy butt??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Itchy butt??

rpost7786 is offline Senior Member

DefaultItchy butt??

Within the last day Avery has been trying to lick his rear end and scooting it on the carpet. TISK TISK I just made a vet appointment. I'm guessing it could be two things and tell me if I'm wrong.
    A parasite? or something with his anal glands??

His butt isn't stinky so I'm not sure that it's his glands. Last weekend I took him for a long walk around town and he was sniffing in the grass (I thought he had to pee/poop) and sure enough he found some little doggies poop and I told him to drop it but it must have been to delicious to let go. GAGGGG I hope he didn't get something from eating poop. could be.... I'm usually really good at watching him and what he eats. Must have been minature poop lol

Any other ideas of what it could be?
    Rachel, Keith, Scarlett & Avery = One happy little Family

"A dog has no use for fancy cars, big homes, or designer clothes. A water log stick will do just fine. A dog doesn't care if your rich or poor, clever or dull, smart or dumb. Give him your heart and he'll give you his. How many people can you say that about? How many people can make you feel rare and pure and special? How many people can make you feel extraordinary?"- John Grogan

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

bbbbmom is offline Senior Member

That's exactly what Bailey does when her glands are full. No smell, just a lot of gross licking and scooting. Easy fix so I hope that's what Avery's issue is.

Garth is offline Registered Users

Quote Originally Posted by rpost7786 View Post
    Within the last day Avery has been trying to lick his rear end and scooting it on the carpet.
    Sounds like typical anal glands symptoms. If it's a recurring problem, you might want to ask the vet about changing his diet.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Not to be gross but to their buttholes get a little red? His is not it's normal color....

"A dog has no use for fancy cars, big homes, or designer clothes. A water log stick will do just fine. A dog doesn't care if your rich or poor, clever or dull, smart or dumb. Give him your heart and he'll give you his. How many people can you say that about? How many people can make you feel rare and pure and special? How many people can make you feel extraordinary?"- John Grogan

bbbbmom is offline Senior Member

I hadn't noticed that but if he's scooting a lot, it could be irritated.

That's what I was thinking and from the licking!!

morla is offline Senior Member

It is probably a perisite! We have a lemon tree i our backyard and Simon used to always eat 12 a day and his but would get so eritated and he would cry. He is better now because there are no lemons growing that much with time of year!
    SIMON

Sophiesmama is offline Senior Member

We just had to treat Sophie for tape worms. We had wormed her as a puppy when we got her, but the vet told me that the wormer for younger puppies, the banana stuff you squirt in their mouths, doesn't take care of tape worms. Just pin worms, hook worms...and such. Now that she is 6 months, she got verbantel. It could be that.
    ~Pam

Sophie DOB 04/13/2011 6 mo

8.5 mo.

Sophie 15 months, with Skye

Belles mom is offline Senior Member

My guess would be anal glands, but I also just had a boarding dog in, and for the first time she did the butt scoot., no stink that I associate with anal glands The next day I saw Tapeworms in her poop!

Karen and the gang
    BBI Kodi's Journey To Anotch (Journey)
    BBI Kodi's Blackpowder Striker (Flint)

EWWW he doesn't have tape worms. His poop is the same, normal. His butthole just looks a little irritated. Acting normal, playing normal, eating normal. Just and itchy butt. I have an appt sat early am. I'll keep you all informed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast