Update on Spike

Thread: Update on Spike

Spike's Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultUpdate on Spike

I saw a post where Deidre asked so I'll do a little update My computer crashed so it's been a PITA of a week. Spike had another collapsing episode on Sunday. We were at King Richard's Faire and the sitter came after work and let him out of his crate. He was in there for about 3 hours but it was early so I was ok with it especially since he's in it all night. Still don't have a clue why it happened. This day didn't have any of the reasons for the other days. He was really hungry a few days before up until he had it so we are wondering if sometimes the Science Diet just doesn't "hold" him and it's due to a lack of protein or something. I'm meeting with another vet tomorrow. She comes to the house so if there is anything to see that's a no no she will see it.
    Hopefully she can make heads or tails of whats going on so we don't wait until they get so bad that he needs medication. I'm going to try and go to the dog owners meeting tonight. One of the speakers is a canine chiropractor and I'm interested. He's got a little hump in his spine and I wonder if all the submissive turn overs (he hit the ground pretty hard) did some damage to his spine. Other than that he is behaving really well, he's been much much happier in general and he's just a sweety. He's not due for another blood test for another month but I don't know if I want to go to the breeders vet. I'm not hearing anything from him and we go he takes blood and he calls me back with "his numbers have gotten slightly better". We'll see...

Nancy

Mom to Spike & Tiller

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

deidra is offline Senior Member

Sad to hear he had another episode good thougts for Spike that he doesn't have anymore episodes!
    ~It doesn't matter how smart the dog is,it matters how smart the owner is.