harness seatbelts?

Thread: harness seatbelts?

kaykay is offline Senior Member

Defaultharness seatbelts?

are these strong chew proof harness'? i was thinking of getting one for jayson but i worry about spending money on this just for him to chew threw. he has had 2 walking harness' before and chewed threw both of them? anyone no if they are any good?
    Kristin

jayson

laika

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

CindersMyGirl is offline Senior Member

You mean to put on him for car rides? I have one for Cinder and it works great. We use it for trips on the highway. I don't use it for trips around town.

So, you mean he would chew through it with you in the car? I would definitely teach him 'leave it' and maybe spray it with bitter apple. It's not something you would leave on when you're not with him.

ya for car rides. right now hes free in the back seat because my car is to small for the crate. no the 2 harness' for normal wear not in the car. i will for sure look in to the bitter apple stuff.
    Kristin

jayson

laika

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I wouldn't leave a harness on him all the time. I would only put it on him for walks. Actually, I wouldn't. I think putting a harness on a big dog is asking to be pulled around, but that's just me. Unless your dog has a throat problem and can't wear a collar. So I really meant you shouldn't leave it on.

well the first one he broke i made the mistake of leaving on him. the second one my sister was watching him when i was at work (which she isnt so good at watching him) he stole it off the counter and tore it to shreds. the only problems we have for collars is the nylon hes like allergic to those, the leather are no match for him so we have to use the medal collars.
    Kristin

jayson

laika

How can he chew his own collar when its on? If it's the right size I can't see how he could.

tammyhuffman is offline Senior Member

I use a seat belt safety harness for both of my dogs and even Maxx, at 13 weeks, has not attempted to chew on it. They are pretty sturdy and I am not quite sure how he would be able to chew through it while it was on, if I was going to worry about anything I would worry about Maxx chewing through the seat belt first. Knock on wood, that has not yet happened. He is tall enough now that he can see out the window of the car so he is much too interested in the scenery to worry about anything else right now.

morla is offline Senior Member

Labs chew everything it seems like! I remember when we got Simon a collar and he chewed it and destroyed it in one hour!
    SIMON