Help finding Biothane/no stink collars

Thread: Help finding Biothane/no stink collars

dukesmommy22 is offline Senior Member

DefaultHelp finding Biothane/no stink collars

Duke and Paisley's collars stink since they swim often, no matter how much I was them. I know biothane is good for dogs in the water. I found this collar Stunt Puppy - Dry Collar that I like but I'm not sure if it will be big enough for Duke. Does anyone have any suggestions of collars? Thanks!

"There is no psychiatrist in the world like a Labrador Retriever licking your face". – Unknown

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

I love my lead from here All Weather Biothane : Dog Equipment, Police Dog, Schutzhund, Service Dog, Dog Agility . The only negative is that they're made for working k9s, so the snap is pretty heavy (well, that and they only come in black, and the collars are wide). But the lead was buttery soft right out of the envelope.

I've heard from a lot of people on other boards who have collars and leads from here http://allthingsbiothane.com/Index.htm . I bought Caleb's biothan collar at Tractor Supply- it's made by Remington. The only thing I don't like about it is there is no D ring to snap a leash to, only the center ring that sits on the back of his neck. Mendota has some nice collars, too- one that is brown and looks like real leather.

justine is offline Senior Member

I know some people who have Dublin Collars (Dog Collars and ID Tags, Dog accessories and supplies online for sale) and like them quite a bit. They are more fashionable than the standard "hunting" type collars, which are made of plastic (Buy Dog Collars: FREE Brass Dog Name ID Plate w/most leather dog collars!).

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

SharonaZamboni is offline Senior Member

Bean gets compliments on his collar all the time. It's got a brass plate with my contact info on it, and the whole thing is encased in clear vinyl(?). Great price, too.

1 in. Day Glow D-End Collar . $6.99.

Thanks for the ideas! I realized I forgot to mention that I like the snap collars better because they are easier to get on/off. I am thinking about the ollydog collars right now, though I didn't really want to spend THIS much on them.Ollydog inc. - Marin Collars

"There is no psychiatrist in the world like a Labrador Retriever licking your face". – Unknown

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by dukesmommy22 View Post
    Thanks for the ideas! I realized I forgot to mention that I like the snap collars better because they are easier to get on/off...
    I prefer the quick releases, too, for that same reason. They aren't biothane, but have you looked at the Spiffy Dog collars? Dog Collars : Spiffy Dog Pet Products

That's exactly what I ordered today! They are perfect, exactly what I was looking for. The material seems good as well and I like the fact that I could choose designs. I don't need them to be all flashy but I like designs on them. I got Paisley the pink paws one and Duke the mountains one.