Giants!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Giants!

morla is offline Senior Member

DefaultGiants!

Hi! Have you ever had it where you are walking your dog and you come up on people you meet and they are walking a very small dog? And your lab is sniffing it, and it sniffing your dog? And the owners say, "Wow! That's a big dog you got there!" and you say, "Oh ya! That's my doggy!" Has that ever happened to you lab owners?

And also, my cousins have a teacup chihuha named Saisha. And they were planning to bring her over to our house to meet Simon, and one of the cousins was like, "Simon's going to eat her! He is a giant!" And when they brought her over, she was the one making all the rucas! She was barking very loud, and Simon was just standing there trying to sniff her.

Labs. They are truly the best!
    SIMON

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Campfire_Dog is offline Senior Member

Always I meet little dogs that yap their heads off. Jack just stands by quietly. Sniffing of course. With Labs it is all about the nose. Most of the little dogs are very brave and believe that they can take on the world........ and win. LOL

"If you are not living on the edge you are taking up too much room."

"Jack catching a few rays."

Ya! I know! They never could though! LOL! Simon is so nice, until somebody walks by our white picket fence and he barks and growls like he is going to shred then to death! He always drops his tennies ball through the fence hoping somebody will come by and thow it! LOL!!!!
    SIMON

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

BauersMom is offline Senior Member

Bauer is submissive to every dog he meets, and little dogs are scarier to him than big dogs. People with little dogs are often confused about the situation. DH's aunt has a little dog that barks and growls at Bauer relentlessly. Her response, "Bauer isn't friendly with other dogs." Really? Bauer cowers and lays down arounds her dog. He doesn't bark, doesn't growl, nothing . . . and yet he is accused of being the aggressive one. Whatever! People with little dogs are often delusional.
    Debi and Bauer
    Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for much, but bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

I know exactly what you mean BauersMom! They think these big dogs are mean and horrible! But then it there rat size dogs that make all the fuss! I have never seen an agrresive lab actually! But i have seen plenty of agrresive small dogs that think they own the place!
    SIMON

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

My daughter used to have a Greyhound and a Weim. She now has a very small Chihuahua and her equally small daughter, chi/shihzu mix. So when she comes over and sees our girls she always comments how huge they are compared to the 'littles' (our nickname for her girls)

blackandyellow is offline Senior Member

I hate little yappy dogs. I don´t have a problem with regular size dogs on our walks, they just walk, sniff each other and move on... little dogs are a PITA, they start their over-exciting poses, barking, pulling, yelling... and then both my dogs begin to itch and want to pull and go with the yappers... totally misbehaving...

There´s a dumb girl that walks an unleashed cocker at the same time I walk my dogs and she just starts yelling at the dog. and the cocker, like 99% of them first approaches kind of friendly and then becomes a crazy monster that tries to attack us. On monday I told her that if her dog approaches us one more time and she doesn´t control it, I was going to kick it, or I would actually let Misha defend herself (she got really angry the other day and tried to go after the cocker after it growled at Homer). I haven´t seen her again LOL

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

Bwahaha. I always find it hilarious that when people come over, they are nervous about Baloo and especially Rude, but it's the little dogs in our house that will cause a ruckus for sure. If anyone ever broke in, between Peanut and Monster they would rip a burglar to pieces, Baloo would bring them his toys. LOL.

Not all owners of little dogs are nuts, c'mon now peeps! I am well aware of the napoleon syndrome and kind of enjoy it.
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

Oh! Oh! I forgot this one! One day our grandparents brought over there dog, Pudge. He is a shitsew mix and is fine around us but he hates little kids. Well, we brought Simon and him to the park! Simon was just runnning around like a happy doggy and Pudge was on a leash. There was a mom and a bunch of little kids. This little girl said, "Mommy! Mommy! Can i pet that little dog?" And the mom said no, but she did it anyway. She ran over and asked if she could pet Pudge! We said yes and a bunch of kids started petting him. He was fine. Then she tried to pick him up. I said, "Please don't do that. He might nip at you." She again, didn't listen and Pudge nipped her by the eye. She started crying and ran to her little mommy. The mom thought Simon did it and was picking up her little chidren and was freaking out! She thought that my good old boy hurt that little girl! I don't blame her. My dad got mad. And the little girls dad talked to my dad later and said, "You guys are lucky i wasn't there to see it." Daw! Daw! Dawwwww! That day when my grandma came to pick Pudge up and we told her what happened and she freaked out too! What a surprise! Man, the things a little dog can do!
    SIMON

deidra is offline Senior Member

i am very catious around little dogs. I flew to mo for a week to stay with my grandpa and he has a yorkie anmed tinkerbell. it took me a few days to get used to her now i love her.. he now has a chi-chi named Sam. i am used to him also. there are few little dogs i like. I have been chased and bit by a countless number of small dogs. one day i was at my cousins and th neighbors poodle got into the yard. i ran so fast i thought I was flying,lol. Then a couple hrs later a rottweiler cross walked inot the yard and i called it over and was playing with it,lol(he had tags on adn we did find his owner ).

Bentley has been attacked by a pom/cocker mix and Tank was attacked by a poodle/maltese mix. after me doing a lot of traiing with the pom cocker mix i can now saftley walk him past another dog without him flipping out but still terrified of him a lot of the time. their are certain breeds that dont bug me( jrt,fox terriers, ect..)
    ~It doesn't matter how smart the dog is,it matters how smart the owner is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast