Taken over by the dog?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taken over by the dog?

Tucker is offline Senior Member

DefaultTaken over by the dog?

I was just doing laundry and was thinking about things in my house that would have once been considered "nice", but have since been taken over by the dog...the first items to spark the thought were 2 throw blankets from Restoration Hardware...at one point, they had been nice couch blankets for me to snuggle into on a cold winter night...somehow, they are now crate liners, dog pillows or car seat protectors! I have no idea how they made the transition, but wow! The other thing that came to mind was a nice upholstered chair and ottoman that I had custom made years ago...now it looks like it belongs at a Nascar tailgate!

What do you have that USED to be nice, but now belongs to your furkid?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

javasmom is offline Senior Member

The list of what hasn't been taken over by the dogs is much shorter.
    My dogs have invaded every part of my life......my fridge has dog hairs in it, my car has bumpers and sticks in it, my couch has slobber on it and everything has fur on it!!!

rpost7786 is offline Senior Member

Avery has put his mark on just about every piece of furniture we own, either covered in hair or chewed in some part. There's hair Everywhere..... ^ Fridge, bathroom counter? on the oven.... I'm constantly cleaning but can't manage to get rid of these black hairs hahaha

Gotta love them
    Rachel, Keith, Scarlett & Avery = One happy little Family

"A dog has no use for fancy cars, big homes, or designer clothes. A water log stick will do just fine. A dog doesn't care if your rich or poor, clever or dull, smart or dumb. Give him your heart and he'll give you his. How many people can you say that about? How many people can make you feel rare and pure and special? How many people can make you feel extraordinary?"- John Grogan

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Hahaha....good points! Yes, Tucker has made his mark on EVERYTHING as well, but there are certain things that exclusively belong to him now

Samson is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by rpost7786 View Post
    Avery has put his mark on just about every piece of furniture we own, either covered in hair or chewed in some part. There's hair Everywhere..... ^ Fridge, bathroom counter? on the oven.... I'm constantly cleaning but can't manage to get rid of these black hairs hahaha

Gotta love them
    ^^^^ This apart from the constant cleaning ! It's against my religion !

Lexis Mom is offline Senior Member

Yup, Lexi has pretty much taken over! Two nice fleece throws, now HERS. A nice throw rug... under HER bowls in the kitchen. HER dog hair everywhere. (dog hair it is an accessory or a condiment, depends where you find it) Normally clean windows... decorated with HER nose prints.

I could go on, but I think you've got the idea.

My pretty girl, Lexi!

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

Yep Rush and Boo have invaded our home top to bottom. Aside from the ever present dog hair in and on everything, in spite of the constant cleaning and vacuuming, our once new Lazyboy couch, belongs to the dogs, our chairs, one now has a rip right down the center of the seat, which is covered by a throw, belongs to them. Towels that were once just our towels are now theirs, it seems that just about everything is theirs except maybe our underwear and toothbrushes but if they could get them, they would probably be theirs too! And ever notice how they always want to share what you're eating but never offer to share their food?? Not that I'd want any of it but, just saying.

rpost7786 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rushpuppy View Post
    And ever notice how they always want to share what you're eating but never offer to share their food?? Not that I'd want any of it but, just saying.
    ^ THIS!!!!!!
    Rachel, Keith, Scarlett & Avery = One happy little Family

"A dog has no use for fancy cars, big homes, or designer clothes. A water log stick will do just fine. A dog doesn't care if your rich or poor, clever or dull, smart or dumb. Give him your heart and he'll give you his. How many people can you say that about? How many people can make you feel rare and pure and special? How many people can make you feel extraordinary?"- John Grogan

Quote Originally Posted by Rushpuppy View Post
    And ever notice how they always want to share what you're eating but never offer to share their food?? Not that I'd want any of it but, just saying.
    Tucker thinks if he exhales "mist" through his nose onto my food that it will become his!

Sophiesmama is offline Senior Member

hahahaha!! Well, I have the corners chewed off my book case and coffee table, and I used to (used to being the key words here) have several silk flower arrangements, now chewed up (she got the last one this morning) the corners are chewed off the footrest on my recliner, flip flops are a delacacy, several phone chargers (another Sophie delacacy), chewed up garden hose, chewed socks, edges of 5x7 family room rug chewed off. Plus all the puppy proofing has effected our decor. Now we have no knick knacks or candles down, photos now on top of the entertainment center, no flowers, vases etc down, no table cloth on dining room table, (she chewed up the plastic one on the breakfast bar), and on and on...but I wouldn't trade her in!!
    ~Pam

Sophie DOB 04/13/2011 6 mo

8.5 mo.

Sophie 15 months, with Skye

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast