Another Day in Sophieville! funny

Thread: Another Day in Sophieville! funny

Sophiesmama is offline Senior Member

DefaultAnother Day in Sophieville! funny

Another day in Sophieville: So we have a pool in our backyard. We didn't open it this yr, kids gone, cool summer etc. The water is brown and yucky and the pool cover is torn....we have fencing across the end of the porch deck leading to the pool deck so that Sophie won't get in the pool. Weeeellll....so much for that idea! Today she barrels into the fencing, shoves her way through and is in that stinky pool! She is have a great time! My husband is calling her, I am calling her and she is doing the typical "lab ignore"...we were afraid she would get under the cover and not be able to get out! She was acting like a dog on crack! So we call our son Ryan over and are bracing up the fencing between the decks. We had her leashed, buuuuttt...she slips off her collar, and into the pool she goes again! Ryan and Doug (hubby) are trying to grab her, Ryan steps in dog crap and Doug drops his hammer in the pool! They fished her out and she broke free of them, took off like a banshee and up on to the trampoline...ran like a bullet up the porch steps, and you guessed it...right back in the pool!!! After much coaxing and trepidation, Ryan snags her by the neck scruff and they yard her out! We then put her in the shower for the second time today....the guys worked on the fencing, there is now a cross bar at the end of the deck, with wire fencing attached. Miss Sophie is now standing with her paws on the cross bar and looking at the pool and obviously thinking...dang! She will be 6 months on the 13th.....when do these teen years end?
    ~Pam

Sophie DOB 04/13/2011 6 mo

8.5 mo.

Sophie 15 months, with Skye

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

tismom is offline Senior Member

You really need to get a video of her antics! This made me smile; I can see her zooming around the yard, past handlers, and back into the pool.

Titan--Chocolate 4/15/01
    Moses--Yellow 10/12/09

georgie is offline Senior Member

Never a dull moment at your house with Sophie. Her antics make me laugh. You really need to get her on video.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Sophiesmama is offline Senior Member

She is so fast! And loves water so much! She laid on the lounge chair watching my son and husband working on the baracade/fence to keep her out of there, and I could tell she totally knew what they were doing! I didn't even think to film it, we were so worried about her antics in the pool, plus my other son's car overheated and he was on the phone to me, trying to figure out what to do at the same time Sophie was in "crack-dog-mode"...Oh boy...aren't lab puppies fun. Our pool is 7 ft deep, and is 16'x32', so lots of room for swimming and trouble-making!
    Last edited by Sophiesmama; 10-03-2011 at 09:27 PM.
    ~Pam

Sophie DOB 04/13/2011 6 mo

8.5 mo.

Sophie 15 months, with Skye

marmstr is offline Senior Member

Obviously next summer you'll have to open the pool just for Sophie. Your kids are gone but your fur child is telling you what she wants!
    Melissa

Artemis (goddess of the hunt--for anything on the floor!) Feb 2011
    Penny--rescue, died Dec 2010 of Lymphoma at age 7
    Belle--April 1992-Sept 2005

Samson is offline Senior Member

"when do these teen years end?"

Never !