4am-hubby in undies-raining-funny!

Thread: 4am-hubby in undies-raining-funny!

Sophiesmama is offline Senior Member

Default4am-hubby in undies-raining-funny!

Another memorable night with Sophie! Its 4 in the morning and she needs to go out to potty. I let her out, and I am sitting on our covered deck since it's raining. The first rain of fall. I hear Sophie crunching on something. I am trying to coax her up on the porch, she's ignoring me. My husband hears the commotion, and comes out in his underwear. His trys at getting Sophie to drop it and come up on the deck go ignored. So fearing she had something dangerous in her mouth he knows he has no time to go in and get dressed. There was one shoe on the porch, no doubt dragged there by Sophie, so my husband puts on the one shoe. I am laughing and saying what good is one shoe???? He says well, at least one of his feet won't freeze off from the wet ground! He is complaining and saying he sure hopes our neighbors are all asleep and not looking out at him in his skivies! He hobbles down the stairs, carrying a flashlight. At this point Sophie jumps up on the trampoline, taking with her the item she was chewing. My husband is at the edge of the trampoline calling her. She has a "spork" from Taco Bell in her mouth. Fearing it would splinter, he is calling her to him. She kept running to him, licking him in the face and running to the other side of the trampoline. He would follow her, she would lick his face and take off again. All the while I am up on the dry porch, cracking up! She finally jumps down and in the mud, and of course needs to jump on my husband and say Hi Daddy! Now, my naked-all-but-briefs-and-one-shoe-husband is wet from the rain, and muddy from doggie paws! I can't stop laughing. Sophie then runs like a bullet around the yard and up the steps to the deck, jumps on the lounge chair, puts her face between her paws and looks at us with that labby "what's all the fuss about look"....She still doen't want to go inside, so my husband takes her by the collar and takes her in. Within 2 minutes she is back at the door wanting out. My hubby says, No way Little Missy! Sophie has been learning to speak when she waits at the door. She used to just sit and wait for one of us to notice her. So this morning, without us having to prompt her, she sits perfectly at the door and looks straight at us and speaks. My husband sighs and says, dang, whatta ya do? And went for her leash!
    ~Pam

Sophie DOB 04/13/2011 6 mo

8.5 mo.

Sophie 15 months, with Skye

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

georgie is offline Senior Member

Oh these labs are smart. they know how to get what they want, don't they? I had to laugh at the picture of your hubby, in his skivies, one shoe, chasing Sophie around a trampoline, in the middle of the night. You know you probably could have won alot of money with that home video.

SharonaZamboni is offline Senior Member

I'm also laughing at my mind picture! Next time, get the camera! LOL!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

Oh man, I can just picture this. How funny. I agree, next time get the camera. Lol

Sophiesmama is offline Senior Member

I was wishing it wasn't so dark! I would have loved filming it! My husband, however; was glad for the darkness! He didn't want to be the topic of neighborhood conversation!! This morning, she got into a bag of cat food....we thought she couldn't reach it....WRONG! It was everywhere, plus I am sure she ate a bunch of it! She's on a special no grain diet, and dang if she didn't much down a crap-load of cat food! My husband got the dust pan and cleaned it up! I said, I'm not doing it, I told you she could reach it! I think it might have upset her tummy, she doesn't seem like herself this evening...I told my husband shame on him for putting that mean old cat food in Sophie's way....(it was at the back of the picnic table on our deck)
    ~Pam

Sophie DOB 04/13/2011 6 mo

8.5 mo.

Sophie 15 months, with Skye

Janet is offline Member

That is priceless! Thanks for the giggle. Your husband is a good sport! And Miss Sophie is a smart cookie. :-)

dweck is offline Senior Member

LOL!!

The vid of this episode would be in the tens of thousands of hits on YouTube by now. You know that, don't you??

Kelrobin Cleveland Street Denizen, CGC, RN [Parker]

"Dear George: Remember, no man is a failure who has friends. Thanks for the wings. Love, Clarence" -- IAWL Screenplay (1946)

jen124 is offline Senior Member

That's a riot! Hubby seems pretty easy going! LOL
    Jen and the crew!