Never again! I miss my Hershey Kisses.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Never again! I miss my Hershey Kisses.

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

DefaultNever again! I miss my Hershey Kisses.

So, for the first time since we got her 3.5 years ago, we have taken a trip without her.

Here I sit in Asheville, NC to attend the wedding of a nephew. Asheville is an interesting little town, beautiful scenery surrounding it. Lots of artsy shops in town.

So what am I doing? Spending my time in one store, The Dog Stop, and checking the video cams at the boarding camp that HK, Louie, and Daisy appear to be having a blast at. But here I sit watching them and my watch to see if it's time to leave for the airport yet,
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

I would be the very same way. I know from past experience that I couldn't enjoy a vacation without my girls. Don't worry, a happy reunion awaits you.

greg is offline Senior Member

Ed ,its a shame that you couldnt bring Hersheyk with you there are a lot of great places to go for a walk in and around Asheville,NC. Theres a nice park in Fletcher,NC where I walk Jack .

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lilypi is offline Senior Member

aww, so sad! i'm leaving on monday for a business trip...not only my first business trip ever, but the first time i've been away from Maddox for any length of time. i'm totally dreading it! to make matters worse, i get back on thursday, and hubby and i leave on friday night for a long weekend that Maddox is not welcome at.
    Laura & Maddox

Top Of The Hill is offline Senior Member

I don't like leaving Dee at the kennels either, but no choice sometimes. I'm sure it's harder on us than it is on her. I call each night to make sure she's okay and eating well etc. and leave detailed info on everything.....along with numbers that we can be reached at anytime of day. I'm sure they probably think I'm really over the top with worrying about her.

labby is offline Senior Member

Now you know why I took Jake with me on my trip. No way I could leave him behind.

Laura

Samson is offline Senior Member

I haven't had a holiday abroad for maybe 10 years for that same reason

BoatDog is offline Senior Member

We did the leave them vacations several times - when it was only MOrgan we'd leave him with a friend who Morg still thinks is a lab in ppl clothing...once we got Harley we've only gone once without them - and never again! They hated being boarded - and Morgan got horrible interdigital cysts from the stress...never again. We drive - they come - or we don't go!

Linda1 is offline Senior Member

We are on vacation in Idaho and left Jake and Jazzy. My daughter is staying at our house which helps some, but I still miss them.

Brookville, Pa.

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

Picked up a crazy dog about 20 minutes ago. Bouncing and dancing around me such that I couldn't make my way out the door. She settled down in the car for the 5 minute ride home, and then did a butt tuck around the house three times announcing her return with constant barking in the process. This is not normal for her. She has never done it with the barking before. Once in the house, her Mom got a similar treatment. Now she is laying down at my feet. Probably exhausted from three days of constant play with 30 other dogs more than the burst that just took place. Ed is happy.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast