Diesel's ears & my ride in an ambulance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Diesel's ears & my ride in an ambulance

Diesel_Dawg is offline Senior Member

DefaultDiesel's ears & my ride in an ambulance

So the vet thinks that Diesel may have an ulcer in his ear. Poor boo has had chronic ear infections, predominantly on the left side. He took a culture & we get those results back next week. In the meantime, I am to give him Burrows in his ears twice a day & Prednisone over the next 14 days which apparently will make him pee everywhere... already had an accident on the carpet, yay... gave him his Lepto shot today along with an injection of Dexamethasone, an E-collar to keep him from scratching his ears.... $381.92 later.

It's been a long 36 hours. Near the end of my shift last night I had sudden, severe crushing chest pain, extremely short of breath, sweating & my colour drained. Long story short, my Supervisor had to put me in the database as a 911 call, ambulance came, off to the hospital I went. They hooked me up with an IV & gave me ASA. When I told them I had a similar attack last week where the pain radiated up my neck to my jaw they almost shot me up with Nitro. My vitals were pretty stable so they held off for the ER doc. Spent 7 hours there, bloodwork & xrays & the current diagnosis is pericarditis - inflammation of the sac that surrounds my heart. Apparently causes the same symptoms & sensations of a heart attack. Script for anti-inflammatories & waiting for the internal medicine diagnostic clinic to call me with an appointment time for investigative testing.

I'm exhausted today, but have to take Diesel out every 2-3 hours unless I want to clean pee off the floor. We are quite the pathetic pair right now.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Ouch, you DID have a rough day.

Good thoughts headed your way!!
    Home of:

Forrest CGC- Lab 2001-2011
    Poopy-Toby-JRT 2004-
    Finn- Lab/Aussie- 2011-
    And 30-some Miniature Horses...

www.fieldofdreamsminihorses.com

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his leader, his love. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. Unknown

brody is offline Senior Member

glad you have a yard for him at least
    http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Belles mom is offline Senior Member

AAwww, hope you and Diesel are feelin better and rested soon!

Karen and the gang
    BBI Kodi's Journey To Anotch (Journey)
    BBI Kodi's Blackpowder Striker (Flint)

Neska74 is offline Senior Member

Oh no... that sounds like a horrible day for both of you I hope you and Diesel get better soon!

BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

So you tell us all about the dog's minor health issue before you tell us your very scary story! Priorities, Girl!

I am so sorry you are ill and hope that the meds get you well soon. You must have been terrified! I would have been.
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

Diesel_Dawg is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrownDog View Post
    So you tell us all about the dog's minor health issue before you tell us your very scary story! Priorities, Girl!

I am so sorry you are ill and hope that the meds get you well soon. You must have been terrified! I would have been.
    Lol, Sharon, I know! I caught hell last night from my Aunt & Uncle (they live 10min away) when I called from the hospital while strapped on a stretcher in the triage line up...

Me: can you guys go let Diesel out & feed him?
    Aunt: sure! are you doing overtime again?
    Me: no, I AM FINE, but I'm in Emerg fo....
    Aunt: we're coming to see you first!!

And she hung up on me! I was terrified, especially getting calls for the same symptoms & then seeing the paramedics updates... there was a 38yo woman a few weeks ago that called about chest pain & by the time the crew got there she was having a full blown heart attack. I turn 38 in 4 wks. Worrying about Diesel got my mind off the pain & anxiety. While I am mildly embarrassed for going out on a stretcher from work, I was actually really scared to go home unchecked because I live alone & always worry if anything happened to me it would probably be about a week before anyone would inquire about me.

Mary Jane is offline Senior Member

Wow. I sure hope you and Diesel get better! I am very glad to hear you have good family around you for support.

Sams Mom is offline Senior Member

[hugs] and I thought my day was rough.
    Good thoughts for both of you!

Fender2011 is offline Member

Wow, that was quite a day. Feel better soon. Hugs.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast