Dilemma

Thread: Dilemma

Tanwen is offline Senior Member
    I moved to Banbury in Oxfordshire in 1993,prior to that I llived in Birkenhead,Cheshire

DefaultDilemma

I've been asked if I could take another Lab. He's 2, his owners have separated and neither can take him because their respective landlords will not allow pets. If I don't then he'll be advertised on a local freebie website and as he's an entire dog, who knows where he may end up. I don't need to say, I'm very tempted (if only to save him from the freebie market). Dinozzo isn't a problem; Max, my little Parson Russell is another matter. He can either be an absolute darling or my 'little ASBO' (Anti Social Behaviour Order) puppy.

I suppose it all depends on Max.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Samson is offline Senior Member

Go for it I say ! Keep us informed. Poor dog !

Tanwen is offline Senior Member
    I moved to Banbury in Oxfordshire in 1993,prior to that I llived in Birkenhead,Cheshire

Ollie

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

javasmom is offline Senior Member

I say it's worth a try. You don't know how Max will react until you give it a shot!

joflake is offline Senior Member

I'd say take him and if it doesn't work out then you can find him a good home. Not the freebie listing.

tkeizer is offline Senior Member

It's a hard decision, but I hope you decide to take him and then try to re-home him if it doesn't work out. I have to add that it is unfortunate that this couple has separated and I don't know their situation, but I know that my dogs are my children, and I would move if my landlord didn't allow dogs. I'm sure that there are places that can be rented that are pet friendly. Please let us know what you decide to do.

Tanya is offline Senior Member

I say go meet him, maybe even try him at your place if you feel ready for a second dog and like this guy. Keep in mind first meeting and first days can be hard but that doesn't mean things won't work out. Maybe try having them meet outside of your home (neutral territory).

But don't feel you "have" to take him either. You can foster him while helping find him a nwe home, or foster him until he can get into a rescue (which would be the ideal situation if it doesn't work out).
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

Diesel_Dawg is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by tkeizer View Post
    It's a hard decision, but I hope you decide to take him and then try to re-home him if it doesn't work out. I have to add that it is unfortunate that this couple has separated and I don't know their situation, but I know that my dogs are my children, and I would move if my landlord didn't allow dogs. I'm sure that there are places that can be rented that are pet friendly. Please let us know what you decide to do.
    ^^ This 100%

georgie is offline Senior Member

Like the rest, I say go for it. If it doesn't work out, then you could re-home him to a loving home. And who knows...maybe it will all work out . Good luck.

Dexter's meal ticket is offline Junior Member

Kudos for your kind intent. I know you're aware of the adoptive promise....my adopted came with a letter that stated he was quite adapt at catching tennis balls and never barked, they were actually concerned at his barklessness.

Turns out he can't air catch for crap; doesn't care, they bounce off him on land, water retrieve = champ. And he hasn't shut up once (since after the trial week)...smart dogs ;-)