What have your dogs brought to your life?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What have your dogs brought to your life?

honeybadger is offline Senior Member

DefaultWhat have your dogs brought to your life?

Today I saw Jack taking his morning nap on the sunniest patch of floor in the house, and I felt kind of jealous. I asked him why he wasn't studying or looking online for jobs. He chose not to respond. He's the strong and silent type.

But then I thought, well, he earns his keep in other ways. He makes me actually get out of bed in the morning and do some exercise. He hangs out with me and listens to me explaining to him why Ross and Rachel were always meant to be together. He's never embarassed to be seen with me in public. He helpfully picks my socks up off the floor and eats them. He even eats the snails in the garden, thus protecting the celery I'm trying to grow.

He's like a therapy dog. At the beginning of the year I really didn't think I'd last for another year. Now I'm excited about dressing Jack up as a reindeer for Christmas. Or maybe an elf.

What about you?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

What have my dogs brought to my life. Hmmm...
    There isn't enough bandwidth on this message board to articulate the joys, sorrows, and personal growth my seven dogs have brought me.

Okay... here's one. Two. Comfort and tenderness... all of them have given me that in spades. Comfort and tenderness.

Seamus and Flynn

Diesel_Dawg is offline Senior Member

I agree with Nance, not enough bandwidth to describe what Diesel has brought to my life, but the most important things I can think of....

He taught me how to be patient, to cherish the little things in life, to appreciate what I have, to be kinder to others, to laugh at myself, to stop and smell the roses.... in a nutshell, my dog has made me a better person & I am forever indebted to him because of that.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

deidra is offline Senior Member

Hmmm Tank taught me that no matter what the situation makke it into a good time and how to be patient. Bentley has brought more joy into my life. Since we got him last year during a bad time between family things/Tank's health and my grandpas health I was depressed. I was looking for another dog/puppy and when I say a yellow lab puppy going to be euthized if not found a home I had to get him. He brings joyness into my life everyday and if you try to yell at him you can't help but laugh at the looks he gives you.
    I love my rescue labs
    ~It doesn't matter how smart the dog is,it matters how smart the owner is.

kassabella is offline Senior Member

Eight years ago never in my wildest dreams did I think I would own and love a dog let alone 3 and hoping many more in my life.

Kassa was the the start of my love of Labs. In her short life she bought me many Lab friends, Ernie and the heart to rescue a chocolate Lab no one wanted.
    All three of these amazing dogs have shown me with love, patience, and respect a dog and human can share a bond equal to nothing in this world.

Kassa 25/11/01 - 09/02/05 O.S Jaw cancer forever in my heart.
    Ernie 25/11/01 adopted May 05
    Sam 11? adopted Nov 06 - 18/12/07 Lyphoma
    Tessa. Rescued June 2011.
    Bone Cancer Dogs org.http://www.bonecancerdogs.org/
    http://kassabella.tripod.com/kassabella/
    http://collarsbychris.weebly.com/

dweck is offline Senior Member

Among a zillion other things, Wesley was the epitome of the prayer to change the things I cannot accept and accept the things I cannot change and develop the wisdom to know the difference. He was my confidante, my therapist, the holder of my secrets. He was my sounding board, my collaborator, my rock when I needed one. If he were human, he'd be that friend you could call at 3AM because you were having the crappiest day of your life, and although he wouldn't presume to know how to fix any of it, he'd be more than happy to listen while you vent. He taught patience and diligence and humility -- in spades. He opened my life to friends that I never dreamt I'd meet. And the JL board, which has become so dear.

He was, in short, the best dog I have ever known.

And Parker? Parker is teaching me things in his own way....

Kelrobin Cleveland Street Denizen, CGC, RN [Parker]

"Dear George: Remember, no man is a failure who has friends. Thanks for the wings. Love, Clarence" -- IAWL Screenplay (1946)

fanny&eddiesmom is offline Senior Member

Love, laughter, joy, wonderment, amazement and fun. Personal protection... Excercise machines.. Foot warmers... Doorbells... heartache and tears - but we ignore that as much as possible.................

I didn't grow up with animals in the house so these past 15 years have been a learning and growing experience and I have loved every minute, including the ones with Fanny's puppy teeth sunk into my finger because I wasn't fast enough.......

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

All of the above and more. When I relax at the end of the day and they all gather around as they usually do, I experience a deep feeling of peace.

MikeE is offline Senior Member

The TRUE meaning of loyalty and unconditional love.

maloneandme is offline Senior Member

Malone has also been my therapy dog after some difficult circumstances. God knew I needed a little 'distraction' in my life and some brown eyes to peek up at me and tell me everything's gonna be alright.

I love him so much.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast