Maddox survives Irene and the big move

Thread: Maddox survives Irene and the big move

lilypi is offline Senior Member

DefaultMaddox survives Irene and the big move

Hi everyone! We're approaching two months with Maddox, and he's doing great. We've had a pretty stressful living situation since Maddox came to join us - hubby and I are in the middle of renovating our house, and it has of course been riddled with major delays. We gutted the bathroom, and Maddox arrived before the walls were even up...nevermind any functional indoor plumbing. Hubby and I had been staying with his mother (ugh), but the apartment is tiny and on a busy street so hubby and Maddox moved in to the house and I stayed here at MIL's. I went to the house daily to play with Maddox, but he definitely was under the impression that I was a visitor in Daddy's house. We finally have a working toilet and shower, so I started moving in to the house yesterday, and last night was the first night that I slept there. Maddox is not allowed in the bedroom, so here's what i saw when I opened the door this AM:

Maddox and hubby came the MIL's for hurricane Irene because MIL was trapped in Colorado and we didn't want to leave hubby's grandpa alone in his apartment. Maddox spent the entire storm rotating between napping and standing in the window growling at the storm:

And finally, just a really cute picture of Maddox snoozing:

Last edited by lilypi; 09-04-2011 at 01:22 PM.
    Laura & Maddox

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

deidra is offline Senior Member

Glad you guys made it saftley through irene! madoxx isadorable and hope the renavations get done soon.
    ~It doesn't matter how smart the dog is,it matters how smart the owner is.

rottnlab dad is offline Senior Member

Awww, Maddox is very handsome.
    That does sound like a very stressful adjustment time for your pup.

Bella

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lilypi is offline Senior Member

he seems to be handling it in stride...he always had a nice place to stay with a huge yard and adequate facilities. he is definitely well bonded with me, and i think that he's going to adjust really well to me being in the house permanently. after all, it just means that there's another person available to play at all times! this little stinker got in at least three hours of intense fetch yesterday alone. i think the most difficult adjustment for him will be when Clementine, our goldfish, moves in. during irene he discovered her and was pretty hilarious - haunches up, growling at her and jumping back when she swam towards him.

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

Wow, could you have any more stress? Glad things are working out, and it will be even more fun when the fishy comes home. lol BTW I love the vid of Maddox and Clementine.