INFORMATION FROM ALL WHO OWN A DYSON
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: INFORMATION FROM ALL WHO OWN A DYSON

Sedona is offline Senior Member

DefaultINFORMATION FROM ALL WHO OWN A DYSON

I know this has probably been asked many times on here, but I would like some feedback from those who use a Dyson Animal vacuum. I am a long time owner of a top of the line Oreck and have no complaints, but I am wondering if I should invest in a Dyson. Since we are getting a new puppy in February and will have two beautiful girls, that is a lot of fur. As all lab owners know you take the fur with you! I have read good things about the Dyson, but in your opinion which model is the best? Thank you so much for any feedback.

Isn't it great to have a sister

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Seamus Lab is offline Senior Member

There's a pretty good thread in O&E about vacuums.

Sedona is offline Senior Member

Thanks Nancy - just read it. Actually didn't know it existed since I usually just log on to the forum.

Isn't it great to have a sister

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dani is offline Senior Member

I would probably keep the Orson. My Dyson is okay...but I have burber carpet and it doesn't do well with it.
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

Labradorable is offline Senior Member

I don't have a Dyson (though I want one), but I know a woman who has one (the pet one) and swears by it. She has a border collie.
    ~Samantha
    Dozer (04/01/09) & Moose (01/02/13)
    Cybil (02/02/00 - 02/20/09)

I love love love my Dyson. I have the original model DC07, I think it is. Prior to my Dyson, I had top of the line Hoovers which did nothing compared to the Dyson. With 4 pets and little kids, I needed to keep my floors CLEAN. I didn't want to go back and forth over the same spot to get it clean. I didn't want cat litter to spray all over the floor. I didn't want something too heavy or akward to use. I needed something to last b/c I didn't have $$$ to keep blowing on a new vacuum every year. I've used the Dyson every single day for the past 4.5 years and it still makes me happy to vacuum Nope, I don't work for them, but Dh thinks I should, lol.
    Last edited by cjmeck; 11-10-2009 at 12:03 AM.

patm is offline Senior Member

I have a Dyson Animal that is about 2 years old. It's OK, but I'm not sure how much better it is than comparable (but less expensive) models are. I don't really like uprights that much because I find the attachments harder to use, and it doesn't get under furniture worth a darn. I also don't like the bagess feature (but these 2 "faults" would be for any unright) It also doesn't pick up any "little chunks" very well - the rubber in front is so low to the floor that it often just pushes little leaves and things in front of it and I have to pick it up and put it on top of the item.

Lucky6 is offline Senior Member

I just bought one BEFORE we got Koko..so I didn't get the animal one. I got the space saver one. I am not a 100% pleased with it. Not for the price. I seems to be made cheap. I use it everyday and it does pick up a lot of hair, dust and dirt but it is hard to compare without a side by side use. I really wanted a dyson and I'm a little disappointed. I would pass if I were you.
    Katie adopted by koko

sarah is offline Senior Member

we have this Dyson

http://www.dyson.com.au/store/produc...DC22-MOTORHEAD

plus it's been approved by the Asthma foundation. We have mainly wood floors and use the motorhead for our rug. That motorhead is what really makes the difference. If you have lots of carpet and really want a Dyson get one of those things. It's awesome
    Sarah & Milly - Sydney Australia

blackjack is offline Senior Member

I have the Dyson Animal - love it! Before the Dyson I had a Hoover, and there is no comparison. My only problem is on top of the four dogs, there are three long haired females in the house and I occasionally have to cut the hair out of the brush, but I've had to do that with every vacuum.

Rusty, Blaze & Buster Brown
    BJ - 3/9/2007 - 2/6/12 - miss you everyday
    Boomer - ? - 3/15/12 - always in my heart

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast