How are your dogs during a storm?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How are your dogs during a storm?

Diesel_Dawg is offline Senior Member

DefaultHow are your dogs during a storm?

We had some wild weather last night, we ended up in a red alert tornado watch & sat in the basement for a bit. About an hour before the wind picked up, long before the rain or lightning, Diesel was panting heavily & pacing the floor.

When we got put on watch, I told Diesel "some sh*t may go down buddy & I need you to listen to mommy & do EXACTLY what mommy says & when!" I swear last night was the most obedient he's ever been! Before the command was even out of my mouth he was doing what I was asking.

While in the basement, unfurnished so we chilled on the landing of the basement steps, all 65lbs were in my lap - his choice not mine!, panting like crazy, big worried eyes, etc. I couldn't believe how scared he got.

How are your dogs in storms?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

CindersMyGirl is offline Senior Member

Cinder was fine when she was younger, then we were in a really bad storm at the lake. A big tree blew down in the yard and it was raining so hard and blowing toward the house that water was coming in around the closed doors. One of the worst storms I've been in. Ever since then she's terrified.

I have to give her benadryl and she lays on me. 2 years ago I wasn't home and she ate the corner off our antique kitchen table. Ate it.

nikkiluvsu15 is offline Senior Member

Harleigh doesn't even notice half the time, but I do live in Florida and we have a storm almost daily. LOL
    Nothing is so strong as gentleness, and nothing is so gentle as real strength. - Ralph W Sockman

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Mary Jane is offline Senior Member

Mya pretty much follows my lead. Unless it is super severe.....I sleep through it.

Sophiesmama is offline Senior Member

We had a thunderstorm last night. I was wondering how she would react. My dog that we lost in May was so scared, she would hide uder the computer desk or in the bathtub! But, Miss Sophie sat and looked out our open front door with curiosity! She would tilt her head and listen. Finally she just laid down on the entry way and slept. So much for excitement

SharonaZamboni is offline Senior Member

Bean's good, and Cam was excellent. She'd lie outside under the eave and enjoy the show.

joflake is offline Senior Member

Libby heads to the bathroom as soon as the wind starts to blow or even a little rain. She is getting worse as she gets older, even if it's a little breezy outside and sunny, she will look out the door then head to the bathroom. I just let her go now, I figure if she feels secure in there, that's fine.

rpost7786 is offline Senior Member

Avery used to be fine, we recently had such a badthuner/ lighting storm that was almost right above our house. One of the loudest CRACKS i've ever heard. It made me jump and Avery went running straight for the tub shaking. He doesn't like storms now, can't wait for IRENE to come
    Rachel, Keith, Scarlett & Avery = One happy little Family

"A dog has no use for fancy cars, big homes, or designer clothes. A water log stick will do just fine. A dog doesn't care if your rich or poor, clever or dull, smart or dumb. Give him your heart and he'll give you his. How many people can you say that about? How many people can make you feel rare and pure and special? How many people can make you feel extraordinary?"- John Grogan

Mark_J is offline Senior Member

Moxie is trained for Search and Rescue and has worked Katrina, Rita and Gustav with us. When Storms begin to head our way Moxie starts to act like he's going to the beach...

BauersMom is offline Senior Member

I think Bauer can feel the lightening. If it is raining/rumbling thunder he doesn't mind, but if there is a lot of lightening he will whine a little. At night I will have him lay on the bed, and I will lay right behind him (yes, I spoon with my dog), and it seems to help him fall asleep.
    Debi and Bauer
    Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for much, but bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast