Michigan Members

Thread: Michigan Members

Owned_by_Titus is offline Senior Member

DefaultMichigan Members

Does anyone know of a good dog park or swimming place ? I live in mid michigan ( BAY CITY ) and there isnt really anything great around here for him to swim in. We do have a little dog park..but it has no water. Im willing to drive a bit for him to have a place to go run, play and swim.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

HeySquirt is offline Senior Member

We have the awesome Great Lakes yet most places aren't dog friendly... it sucks.

Here is what I have found so far. Orion Oaks Dog Park (Lake Orion, MI) has access to Lake 16 which has a dock with ramps... Emmett LOVES this place plus it's a big dog park too... Nice areas to just run and they have the lake. It's about an hour drive for you.

Muskegon has a park (Clark park maybe... I have to look up the name) it's a State Park on Lake Michigan that has an off leash area for the pups... It's pretty awesome. But it's a heck of drive for us east siders.
    Amy

BauersMom is offline Senior Member

We have taken Bauer to a lot of places to swim in the Great Lakes. We stop at the little scenic overlooks, and just take him down to the water to play. I'm sure we aren't supposed to, but we do it.

I also take him to an industrial park after hours. They have nice ponds, and lots of wide open space. Again, probably not supposed to do it, but I do.
    Debi and Bauer
    Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for much, but bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dani is offline Senior Member

I stick to a lot of local lakes and rivers. Small ponds are great in early spring but by the summer, they tend to get skanky.
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

Yelloweyz is offline Senior Member

I live in Bay City and I found the fresh water pond behind Bay Arenac Skill Center, by Meijers off of Wilder Road and 2 mile (across from the soccer fields). We take the hounds out there and they dont stink like the Bay water. They still let dogs swim there, but make sure you pick up the poo, a lot of people leave it and they were very intent on not letting that happen again.

Mom to Indy 6/12/98 to 11/16/11 (always in my heart), and Jobe 8-14-2000 to 6/24/2013 (Working TDI) English Labs, and Annie our Golden Retriever (TDI), and Kodiak (who will one day hopefully be a TDI dog if he doesn't kill me first).

HeySquirt is offline Senior Member

I never would have thought of the pond behind the skill center... My mom took me out there to learn to drive my dad's car (it was stick) and I almost rolled the car into that pond... LOL!

As far as getting in trouble... as long as you have him on leash and it's not a posted swimming beach you should, for the most part, be ok. At least that is what I have heard.

I heard there is a good spot by Port huron but I haven't checked it out yet.
    Amy