Mud flinging =embarrassing!!!

Thread: Mud flinging =embarrassing!!!

rpost7786 is offline Senior Member

DefaultMud flinging =embarrassing!!!

Avery was stir crazy when I got home yesterday after work. Took him to the dog park where he proceeded to dig in these massive mud puddles. After a few times of yelling NO or HEY he began to have selective hearing. He ran around in circles then headed straight for the mud hole. I yelled Avery NOOOOO as I walked toward him he continued to dig I went to grab his collar to pull him out... As I'm reaching he grabbed a mouth full of mud and flung it at me!!!! Now both of us are covered and mud.... Everyone was laughing and I was livid. Leashed up and went home.
    Here are some pics of my psycho Pup

[IMG]http:/i1109.photobucket.com/albums/h432/rpost7786/2011-08-22_18-58-38_986.jpg[/IMG]

And this is me torturing him ha ha

Rachel, Keith, Scarlett & Avery = One happy little Family

"A dog has no use for fancy cars, big homes, or designer clothes. A water log stick will do just fine. A dog doesn't care if your rich or poor, clever or dull, smart or dumb. Give him your heart and he'll give you his. How many people can you say that about? How many people can make you feel rare and pure and special? How many people can make you feel extraordinary?"- John Grogan

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

javasmom is offline Senior Member

A dirty lab is a happy lab!!!
    What's wrong with letting Avery get muddy and dirty and play in mud puddles??? NOTHING!!! lol
    I let my girls run wild in the mud-it's like crack for labs!!

rpost7786 is offline Senior Member

Ha ha I normally wouldn't mind however he gets covered in mud then wrestles with the other dogs and the owners get mad that their dog is muddy. People are so uptight at my dog park.
    Not to mention he was playing a little too rough with one dog, the owner kept trying to pry them apart and was giving me dirty looks.
    Rachel, Keith, Scarlett & Avery = One happy little Family

"A dog has no use for fancy cars, big homes, or designer clothes. A water log stick will do just fine. A dog doesn't care if your rich or poor, clever or dull, smart or dumb. Give him your heart and he'll give you his. How many people can you say that about? How many people can make you feel rare and pure and special? How many people can make you feel extraordinary?"- John Grogan

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

javasmom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by rpost7786 View Post
    Ha ha I normally wouldn't mind however he gets covered in mud then wrestles with the other dogs and the owners get mad that their dog is muddy. People are so uptight at my dog park.
    Not to mention he was playing a little too rough with one dog, the owner kept trying to pry them apart and was giving me dirty looks.
    Too bad for them-getting dirty and muddy is what dogs DO!!!!
    We had someone like that at a park we were at last week. They had a "white" lab (lol)...my girls and a few other dogs were running around, jumping in and out of the river, having a great time. Their dog was off leash and came over to join in the fun....they came right over and grabbed him by the collar and specifically said they didn't want him getting wet and dirty, so he wasn't allowed to play with us. A lab that's not allowed to get wet and dirty????

Belles mom is offline Senior Member

Sounds like he had fun!

Karen and the gang
    BBI Kodi's Journey To Anotch (Journey)
    BBI Kodi's Blackpowder Striker (Flint)

fanny&eddiesmom is offline Senior Member

There is a little creek at our dog park that is very muddy and Fanny loved to romp in it because it meant she would get in another swim in the lake before we wnet home. It also meant she got a good rub down in the car before she left and she loved those too! The look on her face when she got out of hte creek was priceless!

MidwestGirl is offline Senior Member

maloneandme is offline Senior Member

awwww Avery! Mud is truly the lab's version of a spa!

Tanya is offline Senior Member

we have a few at the park that will find any small patch of mudd and roll. and yes, they often catch some of us as well as other dogs with the mudd either by accident or no purpose. it's the DOG PARK, dogs will be dogs. I hate when people get all freaked out about it. Or you hear them tell their dog to stay clean while they play (really??)

The owners of one dog have just given up as their husky pup will even MAKE mud (flipping the water bowl no mater how careful the humans are to crate a puddle in the dirt and rolling in it). so part of their trip to the park now just includes hosing off, no point getting upset or fighting.

My weim foster was always a light shade of grey/brown after the park from her rolling around - again, just part of the routine for us.
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

blackandyellow is offline Senior Member

Lab + Mud = Chocolate Lab = Happy Lab = BIG MESS LOL

They just love it, like pigs!