I can't believe he did it...

Thread: I can't believe he did it...

Diesel_Dawg is offline Senior Member

DefaultI can't believe he did it...

Not quite the calibre of Erns & his poop party trick, but Diesel made his first public poop eating debut on Saturday.

I had a house warming party with a bunch of family, my aunt & uncle arrived first, so I gave them a tour of the house. Just as we were getting to the backyard to take Diesel out, the doorbell rang & everyone else appeared. My aunt & uncle love dogs, they used to dogsit for friends all the time & my uncle seemed smitten with Diesel right off the bat. They offered to take him out back while I gave everyone else a tour of the house. Silly me, the only thing I thought to instruct them with was if he jumps up the command is "off".

Well about 10 minutes later, we all head outside to the yard & my aunt & uncle are sitting there with a look of complete shock on their faces. I looked at Diesel, he would not make eye contact with me, but had his ears back & tail wagging low. "Oh boy," I say, "what happened?" My uncle stumbled over his words, clearly still in shock, "we tried to stop him... we had no idea that.... we just couldn't believe he would... but I don't think he got all of it..." my aunt was dousing her hands with sanitizer & dabbing it along her chin, I guess where she may have gotten kisses prior to the poop eating.

I picked up what was left & walked past a row of more shocked faces with jaws hanging to dump it in the trash. Luckily, his charm erased the event shortly after & though no one would accept kisses, he still got lots of verbal love & pets & everyone commented on how docile & well behaved he is. Other than the poop eating, I am so proud of him for behaving so well & for being gentle with my cousin's kids that were afraid of him at first (afraid of all dogs) but by the end wanted a dog...."if he could be just like Diesel"

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

deidra is offline Senior Member

I think it si a lab thing,lol. Tank ate cat poop yesterday while we had guests! I think they all talked to Ernie while we slept.
    ~It doesn't matter how smart the dog is,it matters how smart the owner is.

D Bros. is offline Senior Member

Yeah, it happens sometimes. Diesel doesn't do it, but Deacon is a practiced muncher of the butt nuggets. He just did it tonight when we were outside while I was working Diesel. Most of the neighbor kids were over in my yard watching me work Diesel and petting Deacon. I thought one of the little girls was gonna puke when he did it.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

maloneandme is offline Senior Member

awwww!! cute! isn't it great when the kidlets love our doggies? my friends' kids are just starting to get used to crazy Malone!