Coco is now sleeping on plastic with Ollie

Thread: Coco is now sleeping on plastic with Ollie

NM Lab Lover is offline Senior Member

DefaultCoco is now sleeping on plastic with Ollie

I should never have said anything about Coco being so good with her new crate bed. I got up at 0530 with them and had to turn on the light to see what she had in her crate with her. It was too early to focus in the semi-dark. As soon as the light hit her and the bedding - I knew - stuffing everywhere - she looked at me with those "eyes" like, it's OK Mama - you can fix it.... I just shook my head and told her she better get use to the black plastic bed cause that was her reward for unstuffing her new bed. It was only her 3rd night on the new bed. Good grief!! I immediately thought of Ollie and those big sad eyes he gives his Mama too.

Abbey, like Henery, gives me that, "see Mama, I am the good one", look. What is a Mama to do but let the black and chocolate ones sleep on the plastic bed until they figure out that not chewing up their nice soft beds is a small price to pay for a comfy night's sleep?!! Felicia - I am feeling your pain today....

{{Hugs to Ollie and Henery from Coco and Abbey}} Abbey says yeller dawgs is best cause they don't make their Mama's have wrinkley and frowny faces.
    Love JL. Justlabradors.com!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Luvmydog2much is offline Senior Member

I've only ever had one blanket shredder.

Its interesting to me because a breeder once told me that in order to NOT have blanket shredding puppies, you have to keep blankets in with them until they are 8 weeks old. Did your breeder have blankets in with them? I don't know that I buy this, but its worked here

My blanket shredder was raised in wood chips.
    'Don't grow up too quickly, lest you forget how much you love the beach.'
    ~ Michelle Held

Rhys, Ruby and Nola

NM Lab Lover is offline Senior Member

If only it were so. Both girls have had lots of blankets from the beginning. I even took a couple of baby receiving blankets to the breeder the week before we picked them up so they would have their Mama's smell on them for our ride from California to New Mexico. They love the blankets - it is just the fluffy beds the Coco feels the need to chew and unstuff!

Wood chips?!! Can we say ouch and uncomfortable... Poor puppy. Maybe it made it easier to clean up not so nice for snuggling...
    Love JL. Justlabradors.com!!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Henery&Ollie's mom is offline Senior Member

Dear Abbey and Coco!

Henery and Ollie-ber here! We iz sorry Coco iz having to sleeps on a crate pan just like our Ollie-ber. Our Momma says your Momma is brave for letting you sleeps on a real bed cuz she knows it would not last the night if it was in Ollie's house. Ollie says no be feeling sorry for me cuz I don't know any different. I, Henery, of course, iz the good Goob and Iz never chewed my bed, not ever, not even when I was a baby.

We hopes that you Coco can get your bed privileges back soonz!

Loves, The Brudders Goob!!

Seamus Lab is offline Senior Member

All of mine chewed their beds.

justine is offline Senior Member

Abbey ate up a few of her beds, too.. Don't feel bad! I've wasted too much money on dog beds that I ended up having to toss!

rookyduckling is offline Senior Member

don' buy dog beds any more would be a waste .........why should they sleep in dog beds when momma and daddy fall asleep and they can be in the big bed ............haaaaaaaaaa

blackjack is offline Senior Member

BJ prefers the plastic crate bottom. He has a pad in there, but he scrunches it up to the front and uses it as a pillow.

Rusty, Blaze & Buster Brown
    BJ - 3/9/2007 - 2/6/12 - miss you everyday
    Boomer - ? - 3/15/12 - always in my heart

blackandyellow is offline Senior Member

After 3 years (Misha) and 2 (Homer) I decided to try out leaving a doggie bed for them in their dog house while I was gone for work. Guess what.... of course they destroyed it even though they have been sleeping on it besides me at night for the last year...

Only thing left for them while I´m out are their nylabone toys! the only indestructible thing I have found so far

SweetSasafrassy is offline Senior Member

Saffy shreds her blankets too. Worst shred to date is when she was being dog-sat by my friends and she ate Bucks new bed. Adam said he opened the garage and found nothing but fuzzy bits everywhere. Oh, and she ate the two pillows that my friend bought to go with my couch, but she got them at a garage sale... and they smelled like another dog. Thats the only excuse I could think of at the time... Saffy (thankfully) has never touched the real couch cushions.
    Lauren the one who buys Saffy's Kibble