I Am Shocked By the Dawg's Food Rating (IAM's) - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I Am Shocked By the Dawg's Food Rating (IAM's)

blackandyellow is offline Senior Member

These reviews always seem to look at the ingredients from the Human nutrition perspective... the "infamous" chicken by products meal for example. If you see what wild animals eat in the wild, its always the guts first, then muscles, including wolves. The fact that humans usually donīt eat the guts (in many countries they do) doesnīt mean its bad.

I was feeding Eukanuba Labrador to my dogs before, and now I feed them Hills Prescription J/D (not rated, but all of Hillīs had a very poor rating), yet my dogs have both shinny great coats, they love their food, and have good energy and health.

I donīt think Premium Dog food is premium just because of a nicer package and higher price, it definitely MUST have something (for example, if it is the same as regular food, then why do you have to feed a lot less to your dog compared to the cheap dog food).

My brotherīs Golden used to get sick with Proplan and Eukanuba (she wouldnīt eat it, it made her throw up and loose weight). He feeds her Pedigree (which I personally think is one of the worst) yet she is doing fine on that food, has good coat and is a happy camper.

Then I read Kirkland, the Walmart dog food and its rated as the one of the best (4 stars) because it lists chicken as the main ingredient? I have never tried it but just looking at how cheap it is, it just doesnīt give me any confidence to try it... Is the Walmart food is SO good and SO cheap really?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

javasmom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by blackandyellow View Post
    These reviews always seem to look at the ingredients from the Human nutrition perspective... the "infamous" chicken by products meal for example. If you see what wild animals eat in the wild, its always the guts first, then muscles, including wolves. The fact that humans usually donīt eat the guts (in many countries they do) doesnīt mean its bad.

I was feeding Eukanuba Labrador to my dogs before, and now I feed them Hills Prescription J/D (not rated, but all of Hillīs had a very poor rating), yet my dogs have both shinny great coats, they love their food, and have good energy and health.

I donīt think Premium Dog food is premium just because of a nicer package and higher price, it definitely MUST have something (for example, if it is the same as regular food, then why do you have to feed a lot less to your dog compared to the cheap dog food).

My brotherīs Golden used to get sick with Proplan and Eukanuba (she wouldnīt eat it, it made her throw up and loose weight). He feeds her Pedigree (which I personally think is one of the worst) yet she is doing fine on that food, has good coat and is a happy camper.

Then I read Kirkland, the Walmart dog food and its rated as the one of the best (4 stars) because it lists chicken as the main ingredient? I have never tried it but just looking at how cheap it is, it just doesnīt give me any confidence to try it... Is the Walmart food is SO good and SO cheap really?
    Kirkland is a Costco brand food, isn't it?

HeySquirt is offline Senior Member

Yeah Kirkland is Costco... I've heard good things about it.

I guess the better question is which brand is it really with the Kirkland bag?
    Amy

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Alaskalab is offline Senior Member

I feed the Kirkland Chicken, Rice & Vegetable and my dogs absolutely love it. I have tried the Blue Buffalo and some of the other 5 star foods and had terrible success. Loose stools, gassy, and they even refused it a few times. I haven't had any issues with the Kirkland and they are doing wonderful on it. It is my understanding it is manufactured by Diamond which is another 4 star.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234