Send Avery good thoughts....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Send Avery good thoughts....

rpost7786 is offline Senior Member

DefaultSend Avery good thoughts....

Avery went the vet for the 2nd time on this issue. His symptoms; itchy, red bumps on his neck chest belly and inner thighs, and hair loss. The vet did a skin scrapping the first time and it came back saying there was no mites and again on saturday he did another scrapping because his hair loss is getting worse. The red bumps look like pimples and then they turn into scabs. The vet looked at the bumps and said they look like infections. He put him on an antibiotic for 3 weeks and a special medicated shampoo. I'm hoping this works. I have NO idea what he's itchy or infected with that would cause hair loss? any ideas? I dont want this to be reoccuring. I havent changed anything - no different cleaning producs, or treats or washed anything with different detergent and his food has stayed the same. Please send your good thoughts for him and I'm praying this works and his hair comes back. He's too cute to look gangly. (it's not like he's bald lol)
    Rachel, Keith, Scarlett & Avery = One happy little Family

"A dog has no use for fancy cars, big homes, or designer clothes. A water log stick will do just fine. A dog doesn't care if your rich or poor, clever or dull, smart or dumb. Give him your heart and he'll give you his. How many people can you say that about? How many people can make you feel rare and pure and special? How many people can make you feel extraordinary?"- John Grogan

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

deidra is offline Senior Member

Good thoughts for Avery coming! Could he be allergic to some type of grass or something? If you walk him through a feild full of grass something in that area may be causing it.
    ~It doesn't matter how smart the dog is,it matters how smart the owner is.

tismom is offline Senior Member

Good thoughts for Avery. I hope the medication works quickly.

Titan--Chocolate 4/15/01
    Moses--Yellow 10/12/09

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

MidwestGirl is offline Senior Member

Good thoughts on the way!

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

I would seriously change wherever he has been going, especially if through tall grasses. I would also get him off any food containing corn or wheat. This is exactly ohow HK exhibited her allergies. And yes, the vet (not the one we go to now) gave me an antibiotic topical to put on her rash. It worked, until we stopped. Then it came back until we eventually changed her food.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

HarveysMum is offline Senior Member

Adding my good thoughts, hope the meds work!

georgie is offline Senior Member

Sending good thoughts for Avery. Hope the meds help him.

lisa is offline Senior Member

Sending good thoughts and prayers.

rpost7786 is offline Senior Member

What is the best food? He's on Nutra for puppies... Vet said when we get toward the end of the bag to slowly transition to adult food. Should I put him on a different brand of food?? I heard vet's talk so much about science diet but I also heard they try and push it b/c they get a kick back. It's expensive, not that I mind but are there any other's to suggest for dogs who have allergies? He's never been really crazy about his food. hint hint??

He's not walking through tall grass. We live in a pretty busy town. Things we do often: swim at the creek/river, camp bow wow, nyack beach, dog park, and play in our back yard. He hasn't been rolling anything. We've been doing the same things with him since we got him and this just sprung up out of no where. It's really got me scratching my head.
    Rachel, Keith, Scarlett & Avery = One happy little Family

"A dog has no use for fancy cars, big homes, or designer clothes. A water log stick will do just fine. A dog doesn't care if your rich or poor, clever or dull, smart or dumb. Give him your heart and he'll give you his. How many people can you say that about? How many people can make you feel rare and pure and special? How many people can make you feel extraordinary?"- John Grogan

allthatjazz is offline Senior Member

Hope this treatment works for Avery and he feels better soon
    May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am

Terri and Jazzy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast