No dogs allowed
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No dogs allowed

Lucky6 is offline Senior Member

DefaultNo dogs allowed

I am so tired of all the unfriendly dog places in my town. Not even outside festivals are dogs allowed. Today we were going to go to a arts festival downtown...I thought, great we can bring koko. I emailed them to see if allowed and of course shes not, unless she is a service dog. And the few dog parks here, no kids are allowed. So whats a mom to do when she wants to spend time with her dog AND kids. Its so aggervating. I want to bring Koko with us everywhere we go, she is part of the family, to leave her at home just feels like something is missing. Don't think I am crazy but I have considered for a second of rigging some sort of vest that looks like a service dog vest. I know I know, its not right, but I just don't want to be without my girl.
    Katie adopted by koko

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

[QUOTEDon't think I am crazy but I have considered for a second of rigging some sort of vest that looks like a service dog vest. I know I know, its not right, but I just don't want to be without my girl.[/QUOTE]
    I know EXACTLY what you mean. I've fleetingly thought the same thing about the vest. Not right but still. I get it!!!

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

Serious suggestion, I do it myself.

Don't ask, just do it. Someone might tell you to leave, but not likely. I take HK with us everywhere. have not been told to leave yet. Sure, I don't take her to the grocery sstore, or inside restaurants. But if I took her to an outside event and someone told me to leave, I would suggest to them that they have a police officer tell me.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

georgie is offline Senior Member

I don't know where you live but it is the same in my area. We live in southwestern PA. It is not dog friendly at all. That is why we love going to the Outer Banks for vacation. It is so dog friendly there. Many restaurants have outdoor seating & dogs are allowed. We take our girls everywhere when we are there. I do understand. It's hard leaving them alone when they would enjoythe outing.

Tanya is offline Senior Member

same here. i truely believe it is due to irresponsible dog owners who bring untrained dogs places (back in the day) and let them run amuck and pee/poo everywhere. Heck even at dogs parks you see really aggressive dogs, people who don't watch their dog at all, people who do not pick up after their dogs. and so on. In hiking trails near my parents there is dog poop everywhere along the trail, I mean come on!

But it really sucks we have to suffer because of these people.

I do have to say - the dog park is not a place for children. I realize this makes things hard for parents with young children, but it really isn't a safe palce for them to run. There are lots of dogs who have little experience with children. I have seen plenty of adults get injured from dogs running around.
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

What HK's Dad said. Someone even brought a young lab to church a few weeks ago (not service dog). I expected an usher to ask them to leave, but nobody did. As long as the dog is well-behaved, he probably won't even be noticed. It's easier to get forgiveness than permission.

Lucky6 is offline Senior Member

I just emailed back and told them they were losing buisness and how I can't belive how behind the times this town is. I told them where dogs aren't welcomed we are not welcomed.
    Katie adopted by koko

Neska74 is offline Senior Member

It's strange that a dog is not allowed at an outside festival. It's OUTSIDE, you should be free to walk the streets in your own town with your dog and if you happen upon a festival.. so be it. I'd take your dog anyway.

AngusFangus is offline Senior Member

I've had the vest thought here too. LOL!

We're not as dog-friendly as I'd like, but they are allowed at most outdoor festivals. Many of our events like this are at Centennial Park downtown, and it's always been a dog-friendly park. They did just recently go to "dogs must be on leash," but there's a dog park within the park.

I don't take them to every event there though, if I know there will be loud music or things to eat that might end up on the ground that I wouldn't want them to have. I agree about there shouldn't be a rule against dogs at an outside festival. That's bull! Do you know if you talking to the person in charge of the festival, or a flunkie? :P If it was the person in charge, maybe you should write a letter to the editor of the paper.

Dukesdad is offline Senior Member

In Paris, France, I was amazed to find dogs were allowed everywhere EXCEPT parks.
    It's weird. You see dogs in restaurants, stores, Metro, everywhere but in the parks. Poor Parisian dogs have never pooped on grass but Paris does keep the streets and sidewalks very clean.

Duke and Freckles at their country home

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast