She's still on Daylight Savings Time

Thread: She's still on Daylight Savings Time

Betzfamily is offline Member

DefaultShe's still on Daylight Savings Time

We feed Roxy twice each day. We live in Alabama and our time changed last Sunday (we gained an hour). Unfortunately, Roxy thinks it is time to eat at 4:00 AM instead of 5:00 am...Her cute happy dance is very annoying that hour! If we so much as move an arm or twitch, she is up! She comes to the side of the bed, wiggles her little butt around, wagging her entire body and jingling her tags on her collar. Of course I just roll over and ignore her. Sometimes she'll go to the other side of the bed...back and forth a few times...until I finally say "NOT YET!" And then she goes back to her bed, lays down and lets out a big labrador sigh and moan...LOL

She repeats this at 4:00 pm but I'm awake and a little more patient...I show her the clock and tell her that she is an hour early and we "discuss" it...and then she goes and lays down. I avoid eye contact at all costs for that hour...

I know she'll adjust because we are very consistent and she is getting better. But anyone else have a labrador stuck on DST? Poor thing...

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Kaylasmom is offline Senior Member

We're there with you. Jake and Kayla are just sure we have lost our minds. You can almost see them tapping their wrists saying "check the time, people"
    So, do you come here often?

georgie is offline Senior Member

Kate our puppy is still stuck too. She is up at 4. We usually get up at 5 but she just hasn't adjusted yet. Molly & Abby never get up until we do. Hope she learns from them real soon.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

I thought Puff (8 y.o.) had completely made the switch on times BUT tonight she began nudging me at 4:30 PM that her usual 5 PM supper was already quite late.

We both persisted with each other so we compromised and I finally began preparing her dinner at 4:50.

Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

Quote Originally Posted by georgie View Post
    Kate our puppy is still stuck too. She is up at 4. We usually get up at 5 but she just hasn't adjusted yet. Molly & Abby never get up until we do. Hope she learns from them real soon.
    How do I get one that sleeps until I get up? That is awesome!

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Betzfamily View Post
    We feed Roxy twice each day. We live in Alabama and our time changed last Sunday (we gained an hour). Unfortunately, Roxy thinks it is time to eat at 4:00 AM instead of 5:00 am...Her cute happy dance is very annoying that hour! If we so much as move an arm or twitch, she is up! She comes to the side of the bed, wiggles her little butt around, wagging her entire body and jingling her tags on her collar. Of course I just roll over and ignore her. Sometimes she'll go to the other side of the bed...back and forth a few times...until I finally say "NOT YET!" And then she goes back to her bed, lays down and lets out a big labrador sigh and moan...LOL

She repeats this at 4:00 pm but I'm awake and a little more patient...I show her the clock and tell her that she is an hour early and we "discuss" it...and then she goes and lays down. I avoid eye contact at all costs for that hour...

I know she'll adjust because we are very consistent and she is getting better. But anyone else have a labrador stuck on DST? Poor thing...
    First things first. You need to take that collar off before you go to bed.
    ----------------------
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by georgie

'How do I get one that sleeps until I get up? That is awesome!' -----------------------

This should not be a problem. All it takes is a little training. I am always up before HK, she waits for me to be out of bed.

Here is how you go about it.

Learn to get up early. Why are you wasting the best part of the day? I wake up between 4 and 5 am. On a rare occassion I may oversleep til 5:30. HK is perfectly happy waiting for me to turn the light on. That is when she knows it time to get up.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

Yeah, I could take off the collar but that would take all the fun out of it for her! She is very smart and she'll get the hang of it again...this isn't her first fall.

I used to be an early riser when I lived in the west in the desert and the only time during the day that you could enjoy life outside was to get up at 4:00 am! But now I live in the south so I have more pleasant weather during more "normal" times of the day. It's too cold here early in the morning!

ruff n tumble crew is offline Senior Member

I feel your pain. Boudreaux is refusing to reset his clock, especially in the AM. I sure hope he gets the hang of it SOON.

justine is offline Senior Member

I guess I'm lucky - Abbey sleeps until I get up. Sometimes if I get up earlier than normal to get a drink or use the bathroom, she thinks it's time to get up, but I'll tell her to stay and she snuggles right back in when i get back.

MNLab is offline Senior Member

Daisy's clock depends on what time she went to bed. Sometimes she puts herself to bed in her crate at about 10 pm, other times she stays up with me (I'm a night owl and usually don't turn in until about 1 am). If it's an early night for her, she's up at about 6 am. If not, she'll sleep until about 8. She didn't seem to affected by the time change, actually.
    Chantel and...

Daisy, Hayshaker She's Utterly Unforgettable, CGC
    Lola, our mellow yellow gal. Gotcha on 1-7-07