a little bragging

Thread: a little bragging

pandorared is offline Junior Member

Smilea little bragging

If anyone has read my posts they know I'm a first time lab owner.Someone dumped a lab and she found her way to our farm.I wasn't sure at first whether I wanted to pass her on to another person,but I waited and fell in love.lol
    I want to brag just a little this morning .I was coming back from our barn and I dropped one of my gloves- didn't realize it at the time. It was time for Lady's first romp of the day and I turned her loose while I cleaned her pen. All of a sudden she came running to me with my glove in her mouth and gave it to me. I was very surprised and very proud of her! She then turned around and went about her business, running and jumping in the wading pool.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

MidwestGirl is offline Senior Member

Smart girl. So she stays outside in a pen?

pandorared is offline Junior Member

She is at the moment, we have two house dogs, the smallest one is the alpha dog.lol Lady was in the house the other day but I had to put the other two in a different room. I would like to have her inside.
    I also have to be careful because we are disabled- my husband, myself, and my daughter. My husband isn't always steady on his feet, many things to take into consideration. Her pen is right out our back door so she is very close to the house.We are with her most of the day.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

georgie is offline Senior Member

Smart girl. It doesn't take them long to worm their way into our hearts, does it?

BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

That's adorable!
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

Tanya is offline Senior Member

what a cutey!

Quote Originally Posted by pandorared View Post
    She is at the moment, we have two house dogs, the smallest one is the alpha dog.lol Lady was in the house the other day but I had to put the other two in a different room. I would like to have her inside.
    I also have to be careful because we are disabled- my husband, myself, and my daughter. My husband isn't always steady on his feet, many things to take into consideration. Her pen is right out our back door so she is very close to the house.We are with her most of the day.
    Bless you for saving this poor hting, you did an AWESOME thing.

However, you have now had her 9 months if I am not mistaken? IF you haven't been able to introduce her to the other dogs inside I would strongly encourage you to rehome her. It is completely unfair for her to live outside while two other dogs live indoors. and after all these months if you haven't gotten her to mesh with your other dogs it likely will not happen.

either make the DECISION to bring her inside and ACTIVELY take steps to make it work, or have her rehomed so she can be a full member of a family. keep them on leash and use gates to seperate, have a trainer come in...either DO SOMETHING to make it work or rehome her. Like I said you are an angel for saving her but is she isn't a fit for your household, why not do right by her and find her a home where she is a full member of the family.
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

kassabella is offline Senior Member

She sounds adorable. That is no bragging, but if it was then join the club.

Kassa 25/11/01 - 09/02/05 O.S Jaw cancer forever in my heart.
    Ernie 25/11/01 adopted May 05
    Sam 11? adopted Nov 06 - 18/12/07 Lyphoma
    Tessa. Rescued June 2011.
    Bone Cancer Dogs org.http://www.bonecancerdogs.org/
    http://kassabella.tripod.com/kassabella/
    http://collarsbychris.weebly.com/