Missing Guide Dog Puppy

Thread: Missing Guide Dog Puppy

pbc
    pbc is offline Senior Member

DefaultMissing Guide Dog Puppy

This is from a friend who raises Guide Dog Pups in California.

Please keep little Gannon in your prayers. He is a 3 month old guide dog puppy that escaped from his home. He had his collar and tags, so if someone took him, they know what/who they have. Here is the news release.

There is now a reward out for Gannon. Hopefully whoever has him or someone that knows something will now come forward for the $$$
    Hopefully he is not just out there alone somewhere. A pup that old couldn't survive very long.
    San Rafael, Calif. (FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE) - Guide Dogs for the Blind (GDB) is asking for your assistance in locating a lost puppy named Gannon. Gannon, a 3-month-old black Labrador Retriever male, is a Guide Dog puppy in training for the GDB puppy raising program.

Gannon was last seen on Friday morning, October 30 near the corner of Armstrong and Davis Roads. He may have been spotted early on Saturday afternoon in the area of Thorton Road, north of Stockton, between 8 Mile and DeVries Roads.

Gannon is being raised by a volunteer puppy raising family in Lodi, Calif. The puppy raiser families teach puppies, like Gannon, to have excellent house manners and socialize them to the world by introducing them to new people, places and experiences.

Gannon, like other Guide Dog puppies in training, stay in their puppy raising homes until they are approximately 15 – 18 months old. At that time they begin their formal guide work training at GDB and are eventually matched with blind students enrolled at the school.

Gannon has tattoos in both ears with his ID number and is wearing a black collar with Guide Dog tags. If you have any information about this lost puppy, please contact Jim Russell at 209-669-7657 or Guide Dogs for the Blind at 800-295-4050.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Wendy B. is offline Senior Member

Prayers Gannon is found safe & sound

Cinder4evr is offline Senior Member

holding good thoughts for Gannon's safe return

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

justine is offline Senior Member

That's so sad. I hope he is found and quickly!

lisa is offline Senior Member

prayeres he is found safe and sound very soon

I am praying that little Gannon is found and returned safely. I always get a tear in my eye when I see a service dog in action. In my area, I've seen a beautiful Yellow Lab wearing a big, yellow bow around her neck, safely guiding a blind woman around a busy intersection. After each stop, the woman would reach into her bag and give the well-deserving Lab a treat, which she would gladly take. No wonder Labs are chosen for the honor of being service dogs. They are just so very intelligent. Come home Gannon....someone needs you.