Just Labradors banner

quick question?

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Paddysmom 
#1 ·
I took Avery to the Vet yesterday to get the bordetella shot so he can go back to Camp Bow Wow. The vet looked at his inner thighs which had little red bumps. I noticed them the other day and he did a scraping and said it could be skin mites? looked unter the scope and said nope, his skin looks normal. Then said maybe bugs when he's playing outside. We do have a lot of nats. (GAHHH I HATE THEM!!!) could those be irritating his skin? Maybe his skin is dry? The vet just said to keep an eye on his irritation and if he seems lathargic or has hair loss to call immediately. Also it's he is itchy. Vet also looked for flee's etc... neg.

should I be concerned?

#3 ·
The gnats are terrible here too, Skin-so-Soft works great on dog skin as an effective repellent ( I don't put it on hair just the exposed skin and ears). After the bite (if it's bad) there's a product called 'After the Bite' which is a natural remedy from Raganella that stops the itching very well. There's also plenty of over the counter remedies that you can use that won't hurt your dog...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.