Opinions on Breeder?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opinions on Breeder?

Kelsey is offline Junior Member

DefaultOpinions on Breeder?

Hey guys!
    Since this is my first breeder that I have looked at for a Labrador, and this is my first Labrador besides a mix when I was younger, can I have opinions?

Eromit Labrador Retrievers - Welcome to our Website!

And here's their puppy purchase and health agreement:

http://kinderdoggin.com/files/2010_H...PDATE2010a.pdf

Any help is appreciated!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Felix is offline Senior Member

So on my first opinion, it look like's they talk the talk and walk the walk with their Labradors

But .. if i see on what type Labrador they have .. They are (in my opninion again) field labradors, who wants to work and do stuff .. (last thing is not bad at all!)

nicole is offline Senior Member

What do you plan on doing with the dog? As mentioned above, these are field bred dogs who are bound to be VERY active. Also make sure that's the "look" you prefer in labradors as these guys are going to be lean, lanky, and narrow. I personally question breeders who only breed to their own stud dogs...very rarely is the BEST stud dog for that bitch also located in your kennel. I also question that while, in pictures, it appears they do things with their dogs, nobody has any titles of their own. Anywho...if you decide you want something from this kennel, these are just some questions that I'd ask of them

Here's a link to the BC lab club breeder's list... British Columbia Labrador Retriever Club Preferred Breeders List If I was searching for a puppy, I'd be calling starcast.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

labby is offline Senior Member

The BC club is having a Lab specialty August 20 and 21 in Maple Ridge. You might think about going and looking at the Labs there (say hi since I might be driving out there to attend the show). See if those are the type of Labs you like and talk to the breeders there.

Laura

I'm located in the States, they were just the only breeder that I've really seen that was friendlier with juniors such as myself and that I reaalllly liked the looks of their field labradors.

I am into doing hunt tests with the Lab, as well as agility, flyball, obedience and dock diving. It's what I do with my girl and I hope I'm, exciting enough for the lab!
    It's nice getting lab owners opinions, since I've only talked to people who I do agility with and on my agility forum. And they all prefer the working looks of dogs instead of the confirmation. :P

Well if that is the look you like, then go ahead and pursue it. Nicole is more active than I am in agility these days but she breeds conformation dogs and her dogs run hunting tests and agility quite well, as well as look good. Back when I was able to run agility, my Darby, who was conformation bred, regularly beat the Border Collies.

Laura

That's awesome!
    My next dog will either be a confirmation Papillon or a confirmation Golden, both breeders picked out already. :P
    They both excell in agility as well as the show ring, I just had trouble with Lab breeders because here they're mostly BYBs. :/

Where are you? I'm assuming since you're looking at a possible breeder in BC that you're in the NW. Paps are awesome little dogs. We had 2 of them. BTW, it's conformation showing and confirming a reservation. Sorry, one of my pet peeves.

Laura

Sorry - tired brain, haha.

Pennsylvania. If I was closer I would drive up to get the pup. XD.
    I handle a friend's female once in a while when she's showing her male, and I love the pep they bring in

nicole is offline Senior Member

Why in gods name are you looking so far away???? Go to the agility trials/hunt tests in your area and see who you like and talk to them about where they came from. If you like the looks of a field dog, go that direction, but do recognize that most of the dogs competing in agility (not just labs) are actually pet bred and from bybs...you've got your work cut out for you! I think it's interesting that you think a show bred golden will be the best bet for your games, but are looking for a field bred lab.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast