Baxter in Distress - Video

Thread: Baxter in Distress - Video

patm is offline Senior Member

DefaultBaxter in Distress - Video

A few weeks ago Baxter was having alot of trouble with his skin. I had just given him a bath in Mane and Tail for skin problems (he had a previous bath with it- no problems). He always rolls in the grass after a bath and this time was no different. But then he disappeared. I found him sitting on the garage steps wanting in the house - kind of odd, but I let him in. Then gave Emilu a bath. Went in the house to find Baxter and couldn't find him. Finally found him on the couch, with all the cushions on the floor. The he started running around, barking loudly and rolling around on the floor. I let him outside and he went crazy. Kept barking loudly, rolling over and over , then stopping and moaning - pitiful. Then he would start rolling and barking again. It was difficult to get close enough to him, hold him still and try to see what was wrong. He had a very touchy spot on his back - not really swellied up, but very red. I think that he got bit by something when he was rolling in the grass after his bath.SU actually got a video of him - you can see Baxter looking back at him once in a while. I also think that Emilu's reaction is interesting - you can tell that she doesn't want anything to do with him, but is anxious about him being so upset. I finally was able to give him some benedryl and put a baking soda paste on the area and he finally settled down. Poor guy - I wasn't sure if he was having a seizure or what (although that would be a pretty active, noisly seizure!)

‪patmpioneer

Make sure you have your speakers on.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

bbbbmom is offline Senior Member

Man, he's cute!!! I love how he snakes across the grass Glad you relieved his itchy spot, looks like it really bothered him!

SharonaZamboni is offline Senior Member

I should have muted my speakers- Bean barked with Baxter!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

Poor Baxter, he looked like something was driving him nuts. Glad you got it taken care of quickly. Love the concerned look on Emilu's face.

bigbrownsmom is offline Senior Member

What a goofball rolling and snaking around. Glad he is okay.

georgie is offline Senior Member

I loved the look of concern on Emilu's face. Poor Baxter. Glad you got his sore spot under control. My two came running to me when they heard Baxter's barking. Goofballs!!