Check this out... CT peeps!

Thread: Check this out... CT peeps!

Lexis Mom is offline Senior Member

Thumbs downCheck this out... CT trying to pass bill that would restrict dog rescues!

Got this today from a friend in CT who works with Labs4Rescue.

http://www.courant.com/videogallery/...Veto-Bill-7-13

Not sure where the CT Dog Federation person got is information, but it is WRONG!!!! He states that "these dogs" aka rescues arrive without being vetted, without shots, without health certificates and that they are being sold out of the back of trucks. I can tell you that every L4R dog is fully vetted and arrives with both a health history & health certificate.

Apparently, the bill before Gov. Malloy would require rescues to have all dogs fully vetted, pay a $100 fee for an initial vet check within 2 days of arrival and then pay another $100 for a second vet check within 2 weeks.

The Hartford Courant & Fox61 never bothered to talk to a rescue before airing this piece.

I've emailed the Courant and placed a call to Fox61 on this! The morning producer I spoke with at Fox61 said this is a hot story & she is getting alot of calls & emails on it. She says she has requested another piece be done essentially retracting the information in this piece. Guess we shall see if that happens.
    Last edited by Lexis Mom; 07-14-2011 at 11:16 AM. Reason: changed title

My pretty girl, Lexi!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements