EMERGENCY: Need a couple of Labs pulled in Lowell, IN
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EMERGENCY: Need a couple of Labs pulled in Lowell, IN

labby is offline Senior Member

DefaultUPDATED ON BOTTOM.....EMERGENCY: Need a couple of Labs pulled in Lowell, IN

My friend Tracey was in a car accident near Lowell, IN. She's hurt and in the hospital. She had Fiona and Fallon with her (2 Lab puppies) and they are being held by the Lowell, IN police. Is there anyone in the area that can go and get the dogs? If so, please PM and I'll give you more information.

Thank you.

UPDATE:

I'm not going today to spring the dogs. We're under severe weather warnings and so is every county between here and Chicago. With all the stress I'm under, it's just not safe for me or Tracey's dogs. I contacted the Lake County Animal Control this morning and they are very willing to hold the dogs until I can get there tomorrow. However, I did make arrangements with the puppy raiser from Leader Dogs for her to spring the dogs this afternoon. I called LCAC back and authorized them to release the dogs to her. They are not going to charge me any fees, thank God. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with 3 extra dogs around here for who knows how long, but life sucks and I'll just deal with it somehow.

Tracey is hurting. She has a shattered right arm that is going to need surgery. Her van was totaled and she has no clue as to how she's going to get home, when that time comes, nor how she's going to get her dogs. I guess we'll deal with that too.

Since Tracey was the one who was going to go with me to British Columbia in a month, I guess my dream trip is just that.....a dream. I'll deal with that somehow too.

I just have to say what a terrific organization that Leader Dog is. When many people who live a heck of a lot closer to the dogs than I do didn't step forward to help (though some did and I am appreciative) this organization contacted a puppy raiser/breeder in that area and got her involved. They are a class act.

Last edited by labby; 07-11-2011 at 01:35 PM.
    Laura

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Labradorable is offline Senior Member

OMG, I hope your friend is okay and someone can get to the puppies.
    ~Samantha
    Dozer (04/01/09) & Moose (01/02/13)
    Cybil (02/02/00 - 02/20/09)

CindersMyGirl is offline Senior Member

I'm not sure where Lowell is. Maybe Sue, lab lover, is in the area.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

40 minutes south of Gary

Laura

lablover is offline Senior Member

Grrr I typed out this message and it went poof. Lowell is south of Chicago about 30-40 miles ... and about 10 miles from the Indiana Illinois state line. We are short a vehicle, so I have no way to help. & I am about 2 hours away. Anyone know someone at Great Lakes Lab Rescue? They are in that area.

Belles mom is offline Senior Member

PM sent, I hope I can help. Loving Lab loving home available.

Karen and the gang
    BBI Kodi's Journey To Anotch (Journey)
    BBI Kodi's Blackpowder Striker (Flint)

I'm going to call the AC in the morning. I talked to the officer who transported the dogs to the police station after the accident. the 3 dogs are ok as far as he knows. I didn't realize that Tracey's older dog was there too. the youngest pup is Babe from Quinn's litter who lives with Tracey. I'm hoping that since I co-own her the AC will release the dogs to me. I'm not sure they will. I'll find out.this is a good time to remind people to make sure you have a ICE statement in your vehicle on whonto call ifnyou are disabled and who to call for any animals traveling with you at the time. your vet's information included is a good idea too

Laura

bbbbmom is offline Senior Member

This is heartbreaking! Thank you for the tip on keeping pet information in your vehicle!

kassabella is offline Senior Member

I am so sorry for your friend. Good thoughts coming.
    Good reminder Laura. I have a note in my car , wallet and infor on the dogs collars. I have it as I have epileppsy and you just never know.

Kassa 25/11/01 - 09/02/05 O.S Jaw cancer forever in my heart.
    Ernie 25/11/01 adopted May 05
    Sam 11? adopted Nov 06 - 18/12/07 Lyphoma
    Tessa. Rescued June 2011.
    Bone Cancer Dogs org.http://www.bonecancerdogs.org/
    http://kassabella.tripod.com/kassabella/
    http://collarsbychris.weebly.com/

BauersMom is offline Senior Member

I hope Tracey gets better soon, and you are able to get the dogs home. I have an ICE tag on my running shoe, but Bauer's tag lists my cell phone number (guess that wouldn't help if I was injured). I never thought about putting ICE info in the car for him, I will now though.
    Debi and Bauer
    Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for much, but bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast