Will Chuck remember me?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will Chuck remember me?

Scout08 is offline Senior Member

DefaultWill Chuck remember me?

I found Chuck 1.5 months before I left for drum corps. I was with her pretty much all day everyday and I took her on two hour long walks each day. She acted like she was my dog more so than she acted like Caitlin's dog. Now I have been gone since May 20th and I haven't seen her at all. She stays with my parents and Caitlin goes over and walks her for a few hours each day. She has started to bond with my parents (it sounds like she is taken with my dad especially). Do you think she will remember me when I get back or will I have to win her over again? I miss my dog and I still have 34 days until I get to see her again

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

deidra is offline Senior Member

Sorry you havn't seen in her in a while. I thought a week was tough. I think she will remeber you. She may not be all jumping up o you and kising you but I think she will remember you.
    ~It doesn't matter how smart the dog is,it matters how smart the owner is.

Mely1015 is offline Senior Member

That must be so hard, I hope that she does if not just be patience and win her over all over again. Labs are such loving creature that she will love you again and she can remember who had been kind and loving to her!!!
    ~Roxy~

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

She'll remember you Weedy! I have cared for friends dogs (used to do a boot camp for them) and been remembered by those dogs months later. Don't worry about it.
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

lisa is offline Senior Member

She'll remember you, don't worry about that. We had a dog at the shelter I volunteer at, come back to stay for a week while the owners are away...I was told she remembered the volunteers who were there 5 years ago when she left!!!!

After one big hug and kiss, she'll be "your" dog again

Sophiesmama is offline Senior Member

I think she'll remember you...dogs have memories like an elephant!

kassabella is offline Senior Member

She will remeber you. The moment you get in the door you will be greeted by a very excited Labby so pleased to see you.

Ernies boy didn't see him for about 2 years and Erns greeted him as if it was yesterday. Gemmas Dad has been away for 2 years and when he comes home for Xmas Gems is all over him.

Kassa 25/11/01 - 09/02/05 O.S Jaw cancer forever in my heart.
    Ernie 25/11/01 adopted May 05
    Sam 11? adopted Nov 06 - 18/12/07 Lyphoma
    Tessa. Rescued June 2011.
    Bone Cancer Dogs org.http://www.bonecancerdogs.org/
    http://kassabella.tripod.com/kassabella/
    http://collarsbychris.weebly.com/

Lab Dad is offline Senior Member

Do they remember? Oh yes they do. We had Baby Girl about a month before I moved from Iowa to Virginia. I was able to come back for a visit about six months after I left. I got out of the car and went into the back yard and sat down under the tree in the back corner and waited for Jack and Baby Girl to come out. They did not see me at first but as soon as they locked in on me I got run over and happy danced on. PictureTrail - Gallery

When Red and Misty were alive we took a two week vacation without them. They were aloof for about a half hour and then forgave us. When I stretched out on the floor to watch TV Misty put her head on my hand and pressed down whenever I tried to move my hand and snuggled up close. Red laid down next to me and put his head on my side, sighed and would not let me get up.

So sure. You will be remembered.

mitziandjudysmom is offline Senior Member

She will remember you, but don't be surprised if she prefers to be your parents' dog. Years ago, I left my Suzy with my retired parents while I was in Holland for the summer. When I got back, she was happy to see me, but when I tried to get her in the car to come home with me, it was clear she wanted to stay with them. Dogs prefer a structured home where someone is home with them all the time. I did not take her back; I loved her too much to take her away from the home she loved and my parents loved her.

Scout08 is offline Senior Member

Well, I suppose it is a good thing that I will be living in the house with my parents for the first 3 or 4 weeks. I can't wait to get to see her again!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast