Just Labradors banner

Chocolate with white chest hair

15K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Felix 
#1 ·
Our Bella had a large patch of white hair on her chest when we adopted her, but now the spot is disappearing. Wondering what causes the white hair in the first place and why is it going bye bye as she gets bigger. We liked it, she is such a pretty girl anyway but it really set her apart.

#4 ·
Both my boys have some white on their chest. Diesel (chocolate) has a pretty big spot and it has not changed since he was 6 months old. Blaise has a thin white vertical stripe on his chest and as his coat has filled in it has become harder to see.

#7 ·
White spots are in the genes.

Her spot isn't getting smaller, the rest of her is getting larger :) The spots tend to stay the same size as when they are born, then the body grows around it so to speak ;)

#8 ·
Well if it's in the genes and when we get another lab in the future (Bella will need siblings of course in due time) I hope they have white spots too. Labs are just beautiful dogs with or without spots! I know I am biased but we adore our pup and when she is a year old we plan on getting another (or two) pup(s) to join our fur baby.
Can you tell we are completely smitten? :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.