What REALLY Happened?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What REALLY Happened?

SharonaZamboni is offline Senior Member

DefaultWhat REALLY Happened?

Bean and I bought a big chewy stick- about three feet long. I let him chew on it in the car, and stopped at a convenience store about 8 minutes later. I was in the store a maximum five minutes, and when I came out, Bean was sitting in my seat, which is unusual. He always stays in the passenger seat. My window was down 4 inches, sunroof open maybe 8-10 inches. The stick was GONE! I searched like a fool, in, under, around the car. I don't see how he could've maneuvered it out either window, and why would he want to?

I think somebody took it. Either being mean, or assuming they could lure him from the car and steal him. That's why I always lock the doors. I almost wish he were mean enough to chew someone's hand off.

Could Bean have eaten the whole stick in under 15 minutes? I guess I'll have to buy another one and find out.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

HersheyK's Dad is offline Senior Member

Are you talking 'Bully Stick' here? The answer is yes for a full size Lab.
    Hershey Kisses, In charge of getting Ed out to the dog park so that he gets some exercise.

javasmom is offline Senior Member

God, I hope he didn't eat a 3 foot long chewy stick, but yes, it is very possible.
    I'd be keeping a very good eye on him.
    I don't buy any of those chew sticks or bully sticks, or any crap like that.
    My girls get raw marrow bones or Nylabones to chew on-that's it. And they are never left unattended with them.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by javasmom View Post
    God, I hope he didn't eat a 3 foot long chewy stick, but yes, it is very possible.
    I'd be keeping a very good eye on him.
    I don't buy any of those chew sticks or bully sticks, or any crap like that.
    My girls get raw marrow bones or Nylabones to chew on-that's it. And they are never left unattended with them.
    ditto.
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

SharonaZamboni is offline Senior Member

I don't remember what kind of stick it was, we got it at the holistic pet food place. He had only eaten a small part of it before I went into the store, and he didn't act like he had a bellyache.

Diesel_Dawg is offline Senior Member

I would never leave a dog unattended with a stick or chew of any kind, especially a 6 month old puppy. Sorry, I know this wasn't the anticipated response for your thread, but please exercise greater caution with Bean. He could easily choke on something like that or if he did eat the whole thing, which he probably did, it could cause some serious gastrointestinal issues.

Whenever Diesel is left unattended, I remove any toy that could easily be torn apart, anything that I suspect he would just swallow whole, or anything stick like that in his playfulness could jam down his throat. He has many toys that I let him play with when I'm supervising, but would never leave him alone with them.

cinderbay is offline Senior Member

Yes I imagine it can be done! The 12" sticks last less than 10 minutes here.
    Kim

BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

The very idea of a 3 foot long pizzle freaks me out a little. Musta been some bull.
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

Jefferson'n'Ted is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrownDog View Post
    The very idea of a 3 foot long pizzle freaks me out a little. Musta been some bull.
    LOL! The visual of that is going to haunt me! Where is the brain bleach when I need it????
    “If I know every single phone call you’ve made, I’m able to determine every single person you’ve talked to; I can get a pattern about your life that is very, very intrusive. And the real question here, is what do they do with this information that they collect – that does not have anything to do with al-Qaeda? And we’re gonna trust the president and the vice president that they’re doing the right thing? Don’t count me in on that.”
    Joe Biden, 2006

AZLAB is offline Senior Member

Not even Cinnamon who is a power chewer could finish a 3 foot bully stick in 15 minutes. I use to buy them for her all the time but the place I got them no longer sells them.

I also would not leave her alone with one. But I don't know where you are but if it is in the mid-80's even 15 minutes with the windows and sun roof cracked the heat can build up to over 100F in the car. We have had dogs have heat strokes and die here in Phoenix when the temps are in the upper 80's and higher.
    Karon and Cinnamon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast