Saba invented a new tradition

Thread: Saba invented a new tradition

Neska74 is offline Senior Member

DefaultSaba invented a new tradition

Normally he's the type that likes his own space. He sleeps in the living room, me in the bedroom and we like it that way. Over a week ago (this would be the 6th or 7th night in a row) he started to come into my room at 5:45 am. I donít even open my eyes and just wave a hand and say ďmhmm.. back to sleep, goĒ. He goes. At precisely 6:15 am he comes back, goes around the bed to the other side, stands up and puts his front paws on the bed. Now see, he wonít jump on the bed if someone is in it. So the big sucker that I am (and I just canít say no), I get up (still asleep), trip over things, lift his ass into the bed and weíre both going back to sleep. Since my alarm is set to 7:11 am, I obviously donít fall back to sleep, just lie there hoping to.

Thankfully he sleeps by my feet (as oppose to with his head on my pillow in my face when there is a thunderstorm). Regardless, what is up with that?? I donít mind it too much I guess, I love when he wants to cuddle, but itís like he has an alarm clock in his butt set to those times. Sometimes he may be 2 or 3 minutes off, but itís always at that time.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

rpost7786 is offline Senior Member

He misses his mommy and just wants to snuggle! You're lucky... well not in the sense he wakes you up but getting some snuggle time is always a plus. Makes your day better
    Rachel, Keith, Scarlett & Avery = One happy little Family

"A dog has no use for fancy cars, big homes, or designer clothes. A water log stick will do just fine. A dog doesn't care if your rich or poor, clever or dull, smart or dumb. Give him your heart and he'll give you his. How many people can you say that about? How many people can make you feel rare and pure and special? How many people can make you feel extraordinary?"- John Grogan

Samson is offline Senior Member

I have one on the bed and one on the floor !

If they stir and it's not time to get up ( rare ) I just say stay and they go back to sleep !

This includes toilet visits at night !

I am blessed !

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

kassabella is offline Senior Member

Erns does this. Only he sleeps on the bed. Every morning same time same thing. I made the mistake of thinking he was hungry and feed him. Big mistake. He keeps at it until I feed him, then he snuggles down.
    If I don't feed him he pulls the covers off, chucks pillows on the floor and if by any chance I haven't got up or opened my eyes he will bring something to bed and I hear the rip..That gets me up. lol.

Kassa 25/11/01 - 09/02/05 O.S Jaw cancer forever in my heart.
    Ernie 25/11/01 adopted May 05
    Sam 11? adopted Nov 06 - 18/12/07 Lyphoma
    Tessa. Rescued June 2011.
    Bone Cancer Dogs org.http://www.bonecancerdogs.org/
    http://kassabella.tripod.com/kassabella/
    http://collarsbychris.weebly.com/

NM Lab Lover is offline Senior Member

Abbey and Coco have alarms too - between 5:15 and 5:30am - just like clockwork. I am a morning person so don't mind it much - haven't set an alarm clock since 6 Dec 2008!
    Love JL. Justlabradors.com!!!

deidra is offline Senior Member

tank knows what time it is to wake up and he gently without stepping on the kitten comes and nuzzles me. There are some nights he comes and puts his head on my chest. I have to sleep on my back since it is uncomfortable any other way. Bentley is like my mom and I have to shake him to get him to want to move.
    ~It doesn't matter how smart the dog is,it matters how smart the owner is.

SharonaZamboni is offline Senior Member

Bean wakes me up at about 6. I'll feed him a half cup of food, which sometimes buys me an hour of sleep. The bad part is that I get home from work at 11 PM, and he's usually up & running until 2 AM. Sometimes he'll wake me at 4 to let the cat in the house. Boy, would I like to sleep late some day.

Sams Mom is offline Senior Member

Sounds like you need to build him a ramp or some steps, so he can snuggle in and not wake you.