Aw frig! Bad mommy! Cut the quick :(

Thread: Aw frig! Bad mommy! Cut the quick :(

Diesel_Dawg is offline Senior Member

UnhappyAw frig! Bad mommy! Cut the quick :(

Sonofabitch!!! This is why I HATE cutting Diesel's nails I just cut the quick, pretty friggin good I might add. Poor bubba just yanked his paw out of my hand & started licking it right away. I ran to grab the styptic powder... which I should have had right next to me, but always feel that jinxes me.

Pardon the language but fuck, Fuck, FUCK! I feel like shit I went to give him kisses & he just slumped his head in my hand & is breathing like he is trying to lessen the sting he must be feeling. It bled alot for a bit, even after the styptic powder. It has finally stopped, but I am going to keep him still for the next hour or so to ensure it has closed/sealed off.

Anyone with any experience in this? Anything else I should be doing? Anyone else do this to their baby so I feel less shitty???

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

all_about_kimber is offline Senior Member

I hope he is ok don't feel bad you didn't do it on perpose and I think we all have done it.

Diesel_Dawg is offline Senior Member

What a lovable boy I have. He certainly doesn't hold a grudge, lol I still feel shitty, but glad to see he isn't stepping lightly like it hurts to put pressure on that paw & that I didn't come home to blood splatter from it opening again. Just goes to show you can cut their nails umpteen times & still have an oops!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

2blacklabs is offline Senior Member

I usually just take the tips off and even doing that I have snipped just the little bit of the quick - I swear you just can't win! I feel just as bad when I do it.....I dread trimming nails. I have tried using a dremmel to lengthen times in between clippings.

Rudder - 4 yrs......Scupper - 3 yrs........Brig 19 weeks

Codysmom is offline Junior Member

The last time I cut Cody's nails I cut into the quick and that sucker bled for about 4 hours off and on. I called the groomer at my vet and found out they only charge $10.00. Best money I'll ever spend!
    Linda