Just Labradors banner

Parker update -- 05.30.11

4K views 45 replies 40 participants last post by  Aimee 
#1 · (Edited)
Whoo. It's been a long time since I've navigated the rapids of the Puppyhome River. Sheesh. Twists and turns. Speed and mayhem. And then FLOOMP. Naptime!

Anyway, the li'l guy's doing well. Last night he got up 2x (2A + 4A), went potty and went back in the crate but for the first time, did NOT scream!!!! He whined some but then nestled in and went back to sleep. Godlove'em.

This morning it was up at 5 and outside. Pee! Poop! YAAAY! He's really only had a handful of accidents in the house, and they've been all my fault.

Thus far, he's obsessed with: Shoelaces. Toes. Claire's big purple fuzzy slippers. And a bush we have outside with purple flowers on it, which he likes to eat. Purple. Huh. I wonder if starting life as a Rozie has made him a metrosexual Lab?

Whatever. He's still adorable. It's roasting hot here in the East, so I took our babypool and filled it w/a small amount of water and let him splash around. He also met Beckett, a rather roly-poly (overweight) choc Lab from across the street. I think Parker thought Beckett was an aunt/uncle or something. Beckett was more afraid of Parker than vice-versa.

Some pix:

I've got a cute vid but I don't know how to post it from Shutterfly....

See less See more
#12 ·
Flowers, not leaves. They're.... impatiens maybe? I don't really know. But I've been diligent enough to ensure that none of them go down the chute to the tummy.

Parker has, I think, learned the meaning of LEAVE IT. But even before he's learned his name. He still has no idea about his name. We may as well be calling him Pumpernickle for all the reaction we get.

#16 ·
Awwww! It sounds like he (and you) are settling in very nicely! I don't envy you the wee hours of the morning pee breaks, but here's hoping he catches on quick for you, and you get to resume an almost full night's sleep again shortly.

I bet the girls are getting excited to be home with him for summer break! that's going to be one spoiled rotten little pupper!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.