Hey Dan (aka Dweck),
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey Dan (aka Dweck),

Lexis Mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultHey Dan (aka Dweck),

I think you've got something special happening tomorrow!

Care to update us on how the fam is fairing being this close?

BTW... what is the countdown remaining?

My pretty girl, Lexi!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Clanceycanuck is offline Senior Member

I was just going to post asking how they were all holding up, and how the blazes he was going to get through work today.

dweck is offline Senior Member

Work today is going to be a MAJOR struggle. I am WAAAAY un-focused right now. I'm amazed I remembered to put my pants on.

<<checks quickly>>

Whew. Yes. Pants on.

I woke up at 4AM and my brain went into overdrive. Fell back asleep but also saw 4:30. And 5:00. And 5:15.

So the excitement level is very, very high. By this time tomorrow, I'll be in the air.

Last night was dog class, and everyone was all good wishes and much luck. Big hugs all 'round and they're on pins-and-needles, too, to meet their newest student.

Our girls are just over the moon. Parker's toys are out on a little bed for him that's in the kitchen, and I've heard U.N.-style discussions and disagreements over which one they're SURE he'll like the best.

Driving in this morning, I found myself just overcome and broke into tears. Happiness, yes. The dog house returning to being a dog house, and the dog guy returning to actually having a dog. I was imagining myself sitting on the floor and talking to this fuzzy little boy the way I used to talk to Wes and it all just kinda washed over me. I still miss the old lug, but he taught me well. I look forward to similar adventures, this time in yellow.

=)

Kelrobin Cleveland Street Denizen, CGC, RN [Parker]

"Dear George: Remember, no man is a failure who has friends. Thanks for the wings. Love, Clarence" -- IAWL Screenplay (1946)

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

georgie is offline Senior Member

I thought about you this morning & the words to that song popped in my head..."leaving on a jet plane." But you know when you will return & what you will be bringing back to your family. No matter how heartbreaking it is at the end, would we have ever wanted to miss the time we had with them?

There will always be a place in your heart for Wes, now, with Parker...your heart will just get bigger.

dweck is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by georgie View Post
    No matter how heartbreaking it is at the end, would we have ever wanted to miss the time we had with them?
    Not in a zillion years.

Kelrobin Cleveland Street Denizen, CGC, RN [Parker]

"Dear George: Remember, no man is a failure who has friends. Thanks for the wings. Love, Clarence" -- IAWL Screenplay (1946)

Paddysmom is offline Senior Member

Oh! I have it on my calendar that you were flying out today! Guess I missed a change in schedule?

Gonna be a LONG day for you. Fidget fidget fidget fidget...

Seamus and Flynn

MidwestGirl is offline Senior Member

Thank goodness you did put your pants on!!
    I wonder if Parker will have any fur left by the time he gets home

Rushpuppy is offline Senior Member

Dan, I have butterflies in my tummy just thinking about your trip and the joy you will be bringing home. Ohhh how exciting for the whole family. Wes is watching with a big ole smile on his handsome face, happy that your house will once again have the happiness only a dog can bring. {{{HUGS}}} to you and the whole family!! I can't wait for pics, stories and all that. Lucky you, you get to meet Laura in person too. Extra bonus.

nellies mom is offline Senior Member

After watching the "spawn" this morning you better rest up. LOL Have fun tomorrow.
    ~~~~~~~~
    Danie
    Nellie, CGC
    Bailey
    Gunner
    Munchie
    ~~~~~~~~
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated. -- Gandhi

Labradorable is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by dweck View Post
    Work today is going to be a MAJOR struggle. I am WAAAAY un-focused right now. I'm amazed I remembered to put my pants on.

<<checks quickly>>

Whew. Yes. Pants on.

I woke up at 4AM and my brain went into overdrive. Fell back asleep but also saw 4:30. And 5:00. And 5:15.

So the excitement level is very, very high. By this time tomorrow, I'll be in the air.

Last night was dog class, and everyone was all good wishes and much luck. Big hugs all 'round and they're on pins-and-needles, too, to meet their newest student.

Our girls are just over the moon. Parker's toys are out on a little bed for him that's in the kitchen, and I've heard U.N.-style discussions and disagreements over which one they're SURE he'll like the best.

Driving in this morning, I found myself just overcome and broke into tears. Happiness, yes. The dog house returning to being a dog house, and the dog guy returning to actually having a dog. I was imagining myself sitting on the floor and talking to this fuzzy little boy the way I used to talk to Wes and it all just kinda washed over me. I still miss the old lug, but he taught me well. I look forward to similar adventures, this time in yellow.

=)
    You always word things so beautifully ... funny too. I'm so very happy for you.
    ~Samantha
    Dozer (04/01/09) & Moose (01/02/13)
    Cybil (02/02/00 - 02/20/09)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast